Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT Back Surgery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roy Suomi
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: OT Back Surgery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I had to roll my toolbox out of the shop last week.. My back has given out due to all the years of "busting a$$" working on heavy equipment.. My surgeon has me going in on Wednesday the 9th for vertebrae fusing and rods....Just turned 62 and not eligible for SS Disability since I haven't worked in the system for the last 10 years.. Peanuts is what I'll be paid on a regular 62 retirement.. Peanuts is what I'm making on PERS retirement after health insurance is taken out.... Not to mention the rumdums at the township I used to work at... They now have me fired from my job at the excavating company.. I called my boss today to ask if I had missed something at our last meeting a couple of days ago.. I thought everything was very cordial and went very well.. He laughed..." Hey , If they're talking about you , they're leaving me alone".. If you are able to , there are still 2 more Cat 3456 diesels to rebuild and a 936-G compactor transmission to rebuild.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well.. Thanks guys.. Roy

VaTom
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Back Surgery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ouch Roy, sorry to hear that.

I got a large chipper back to work today and the owner mentioned it was good to see a small bandage on my wrist instead of the large one. Very minor compared to what you"re looking at.

For years I abused my back and it caught up with me a long time ago. I resumed almost everything I once did due to a book a client gave me. When they have a cure I"ll get doc care. In the mean time, I learned to live with it.

Hope you have your personal finances in order. Great peace of mind to know things will work out, whatever.

Good luck.

Roy Suomi
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Back Surgery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey , I came into this world with nothing.. And I still have most of that left.....No , really.. We've done ok in our lives here.. I've gone without a paycheck for over 5 months now just to get at this point.. Nothing is owed to anybody, everything is paid off..Not a bad feeling.. R.S.

JDemaris
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: OT Back Surgery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been through the same and got my back and neck fused in two places. No rods though. I only have them in my legs. They used slivers of my hip bone for my back and neck. I cashed in my retirement money and lived off it until if was mostly gone. After 8 months, I went back to turning big wrenches. No penalty for the retirement-money withdrawl because I was disabled. I'm getting the old fashioned FDR type SS now.

504-1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Back Surgery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two cages, two rods, four clamps and I think four screws. Ten years later I am great, do what the Doc says, in my case it was NO WORK for a year, that was the worst part of the deal. Washington University St. Louis Mo.
Untitled URL Link

Bruce(OR)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Back Surgery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had back surgery back in 98/99. (microdiscectomy L5-S1)I foolishly did not fully listen to the restrictions I was placed under. Too much, too fast. I can now walk upright and the back only occasionally flares up. Had I listened to the restrictions, I might be just a bit better.
Back to work a few months later and I have changed my habits. Mostly.

Roy Suomi
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: OT Back Surgery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just found out that MM insurance cancelled my surgery till I had physical therapy... I was at PT , and they stopped treatment once the X-rays were viewed.. They were afraid of damaging me any more.. Finally got approval after sending all the information to MM review .. Just got a call from surgeons office..... They cancelled my surgery till next Wednesday because of an emergency case that came in.....I'm so lucky , I'd die and they'd bury someone else....

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.