Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall B tires

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRUSADER
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Farmall B tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Greetings to all. Don't post often, mostly lurk and learn from all the great advice.

Need some advice on some tires for a 1947 Farmall B that I've acquired. It's a little rough looking, tires are rotted, needs some work, but appears to be a gem in the rough. has one row planter and cultivator mounted on it, and (if I can find it) a JD sickle mower that's been modified to mount on it in order to mow with.

Here's the situation. The 11.2 x 24 rear tires on it are dry-rotted and will need replacing. I've found them listed online. Spoke with a guy at work and told me I may be able to buy them locally for about the same price when including shipping. Would like to support the local shops when can and do. I've found some 11.2 x 24 tires at a local tire shop. Price is comparable. Here's my tire question. Tires on tractor show 11.2 x 24 "on 10 in rim" these tires don't state the "on 10 inch rim". These tires are for sprinklers and sprayers. Spoke with store manager, and he told me he doesn't know if it would make a difference or not.

Any and all advice on this would be appreciated. It may be some time (funds, time, place to work) prior to me putting the tires on.

later days,
Jim, living the dream in Clovis NM

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall B tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have sprinkler tires on my Super A (Irrigation Special is on the tires), 11.2-24, they look identical to Firestone Field and Roads. I think they are supposed to use a little more air, I don't think it matters, they are good tires. Tractor is used occasionally for mowing. I imagine the tires are suitable for about anything.

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall B tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They didnt make a one row for the B or planter they all were two row. Must have an altered one as how can you do one row with narrow front which was standard on the B. Now the A had a one row planter and cult inless the cult was the veggie model that did 15 and up rows.

CRUSADER
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall B tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okay, guess I understood wrong from the older gentlemen and my dad had told me. It has a planter setup (need to find a planter box for it) on the left side. The right side is setup as a cultivator. Always heard these made nice garden tractors. You could plant and cultivate with it on small plots and not have to switch out the equipment.

Have a lot of projects. This isn't going to be one of the top priorities. Hope to snatch a couple of Farmall M's and a MD plus some other equipment too.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters