Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

My tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack32586
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was Great uncle's, then dad's, now mine. Runs great, used it a lot as a kid. Still using it. But what is it? I can't ID it from photo's. It has round L/R brake pedals on the right side, clutch L side. Dad told me its a 1945 Ford, as best as he can remember. Great Uncle bought it new, but no paperwork anywhere we can find.

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a 9N or early 2N - I beam radius rods. Would like to see closer pictures of the brakes. I have seen a few 9Ns converted to have both brakes on the right side. I never seen an 8N with I beam radius rods. Does it have a 3 or 4 speed trans?

FarmerZeb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it is definitely a Ford N series tractor. It appears to have components from different variants. The hubs look like it is an 8N but those I-beam radius rods would be from an early 9N.

this link should help you ID it accurately.

paul
Smiths Old Ford Tractors

Jack32586
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It has 1-3. Thanks for the link also, I'll check it out. I couldn't find any info about the forklift feature.
We have a couple 8Ns, but nothing has the hand brake by the shifter like this.

caterpillar guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well if your in MI on the west side there were many different manufacturers doing those conversions. Mostly for the truck farming and fruit growers. Left a lot of variations to the tractors.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does it look like 5 lugs on the wheels?
That would make the axles neither 8N or 9/2N

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like an 8N. Three speed or four speed?

Jack32586
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its a 3 speed

Jack32586
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is the best I have.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those front wheels would be from a Ford car of 41-48 years to get rid of the 4-19 tires and put a rarger tire on and those are standard implement wheels. The I beam wishbone is probably replaced with a 9N unit as they will fit in the 2N and the 2N was built in 45 and the doglegs of the hood say it is a 2N. Those peddels are an after market possibly homemade unit.

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: My tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rear wheel lug spacing looks like 8N. Three speed means either 9 or 2N. Or maybe it's a combination.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters