Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

serial # location

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pauly
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: serial # location Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have a Allis Chalmers D17 500 can someone tell me were the serial # is located? im trying to find out the year and also if this is a WD..

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: serial # location Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A D-17 and a WD are two different models and do not even come close to looking the same. D-17 if I remember right the number is on the left hand side on the bell housing or close and on the WD it is one the left side of the rear end just below the brake cover as your standing behind it. The picture is a WD

wd45man
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: serial # location Reply to specific post Reply with quote

never heard of a d17 500, who told you it was d17 500?

Pauly
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: serial # location Reply to specific post Reply with quote

there are 2 decals on the tractor, one says Allis Chalmers D17 and then there is a front end loader on the tractor and that decal has 500 on it.

Pauly
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: serial # location Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wd45man here is a pic of the tractor i am talking about.

Pauly
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: serial # location Reply to specific post Reply with quote

this is the tractor im talking about. there are several #'s on the left side of the motor.
4507716(upper) then there is 116-A-30(middle) then 6760 then 45088(both of these are lower towards the front)

ACEd
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: serial # location Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A good source with pictures of S/N locations is
http://people.clemson.edu/~wsmth/SNLocat/ACSN.htm

D17 Tractor S/N should be on flange where transmission mounts to engine on drivers left side if I recall. Engine S/N should be on block in flat space behind carb. Motor s/n should start 17- and have a letter suffix. Both S/N will be steel stamped into the metal - not raised - the raised numbers relate to the casting.

WD and WD45 S/N should be on rear of tractor axle brake housing area - again on drivers left and both should start WD followed by up to six digits. Some early WD had S/N on top at edge of (possibly under) left brake cover. WD were under 146606 and WD45 started at 146607. Motor S/N same as D17 except it should start with W or WD for the 201 ci WD motor or 45- for the 226 ci WD45 motor.

Pauly
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: serial # location Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i did find a plate with #'s on it and this is what i got:
serial # 109613
model # DGFCL 629 - - - 12A
RPM 1800
Manufacture # 4508945

Pauly
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: serial # location Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe I have finally found the serial #
D17 32327D can someone tell me what 'series' this would be?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.