Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WW2N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Done, Thanks to Royse,Carb Shack Gary & Lisa For advice and support. I posted the decal on the oil filter canister cause it says change when dark on dipstick. The manual is in hrs of service. An non-detergent oil takes a long time to turn dark. Detergent was not available to the public till late 40s or so I have read.I have owned this N for 35+ "working years" plowing, disc,sprtooth,blade,Tiller, yes a Tiller (they are not suppose to work on Ns) and bush hog. It never had anything but non-detergent straight weight.Still runs 30 lbs hot,no smoke and ya can still hear the lifters. It was used and never abused. She is retired. Thanks For Looking

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks great Lonnie, thanks for the pictures!

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks great! Is there a little guy for the other N?

Tim Daley(MI)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice tractor. Are the hand crank clips something you put on? I also believe you have the Donaldson air cleaner so the decal is wrong -there were two and yellow, not blue. You would need the steel wheels to complete the unit as well. Just making comments...

Tim "PloughNman" Daley(MI)

David in GA
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks Great. I just finished and retired my Dad's 46 2N I'll install the grill today http://photos.yesterdaystractors.com/gallery/uptest/a132406_sml.jpg

Lisa K
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice looking tractor! Great work!

Fuddy Duddy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great looking tractor.
Did you put a starter on it or have you been hand cranking it all these years?

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice!

L.B,
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good job ,lots of fun isn't it. Winter coming best get another project. I am.

WW2N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good deal. Another one saved.

WW2N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Always crank start. It will take off 95% of the time if not flooded. If flooded walk away you will only blister your hand ,dont ask me how I know. See my post 43 War tractor ??????? above.

WW2N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes the clip was my deal I saw one posted here that was round, I dont know what the original was. I always put it on top of the gas tank wedged under the hood and shut the lid on her,worked fine.

WW2N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Grandsons Made In Iowa USA by hard working Americans. $250 Very fair price in my opinion.

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like it. Very nice!

FLOLDFORD
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1943 2N Wartime Tractor Photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would love to have a picture of yours and my 39 sitting side by side. Great job. Love those grey N series tractors

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.