Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

and today's Ferguson junkyard find is.....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I scored another 9BO tiller today. $50.00 and they loaded it for me. I guess I will sell my Ford tiller now. This one had been painted red at some point but underneath was the old Ferguson Gray.

Tom Bowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice work, Jason!

It'd be worth more than that for scrap! Surprised

I'd call that a "cultivator" - would I be wrong?

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It"s a Ferguson tiller which could be used for cultivating but it was also made to work up new ground and work in stubble instead of moldboard plowing. I have another 9BO that is incomplete but it is one of the old ones that had the big six rivet serial tag and I"ll probably use this one to complete that one and like I said I"ll probably sell my Ford version of the plow.

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wrong or right we always called it a cultivator.

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Spent a few hours running one of those behind an 8N. When you hit a tough spot or a rock, the shovels really like to throw dirt as the springs return the shovel to normal position.

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Right or wrong....in Ireland we call them things 'grubbers'.....Talk
about anything else and you would need to hand everyone a
dickshunery!
LOL....Nice find....Sam

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sam I could live with calling it a grubber much more I could calling it a stump jump scarifier like the Aussies did...lol. I have no clue how it got that name. All the old people around here called them 9 plows. I use my Ford clone of that plow a lot. Probably more than any other plow I own.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So's anyway, here's mine. I suppose someone will tell me it has a few pieces missing. I 'think' this is a pic of its tag, or a pic of one of my other ???cultivators?

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is one Tony.I wonder how many different model numbers that plow has had threw the years. I have an advertisement on film from when that plow first came out and it was called the #38 tiller. Ferguson called it the 9-BO-20 and then you have yours from the Massey Harris Ferguson days and it's an ABO22.

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We called it a scratcher. We run it over the pasture's in early spring so the Bermuda grass can spread. Just about 1 or 2 inches deep.Now people use the larger 16-18 ft. or larger.

Ken-Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lucky you . The scarp yard around here will not allow any farm implements in their yard to be sold . I think its a shame that they'd rather cut stuff up instead of selling it to someone who could use it . They'd still make their money , but still they say no . Once its dumped , its there to stay . God bless , Ken

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two other yards here are the same way. Only the one yard here will sale anything to you. It must have been on sale today, it only cost me .15 cents a pound instead of the usual .20 cents a pound.

Volksman79
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where do you guys keep finding these? I have been looking all over
and they just don't seem to be around Mass. I want to get my hands
on one to reclaim a bunch of our land.

oldmisterbill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 5 ft Ferguson bush hog -rotary cutter - whatever we want to call it. Very probably will be for sale.
I had my To-30 out with the bush hog on the back 2 last week. I was very disappointed , the ground speed was to fast when I got up to a decent speed for the mower to cut nice. Its a very rocky area with lots of obsticles to work around. It just isn"t the tractor for that kind of terrain. Its going to wind up on the block -in hopes I can wind up with another Case triple range. I gotta take a bit of time to get it listed. Very nice condition. Runs 100% ,new rubber if any one is interested.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: and today's Ferguson junkyard find is..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hold the phone Jason! A slight mixup. Well, maybe my mamma dropped me on my head? Maybe I take too many digital pics? and don't label them? This tag is on the disc harrows, no tag on the 9 shank, the other cultivator has a Dearborn tag, 13-3? but the shanks have NKO cast into them-a fergie code? the weeder is not easy to read- MKO-21? Which would be a reasonable code for the cultivator??
Sorry. Good thing no one is setting in stone my historical implement findings..

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.