Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U puller m5 jugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mmals343
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: U puller m5 jugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've located a puller we I am considering buying, my only reservation is that the casting number on the jugs is 10a10248 which if I've identified correctly is a m5 diesel jug? Is this an acceptable jug on the u puller if not what is the difference on a gas jug?

MM diesel
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: U puller m5 jugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The diesel jugs have a few extra stud wholes (2 per jug?). They are to hold the diesel heads. They don't go all the way to the crankcase. Some pullers prefer diesel jugs (even on a gas or lp tractor)

Michael Moeller
mmdieselpuller@yahoo.com

jd plowboy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: U puller m5 jugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what cubes is the engine. if it is just a u motor with m5 jugs and not the g crank in it i think you would really be missing out on some hp. i wouldnt buy one if it didnt have the g crank in it.that would make it 403 cubes and that would be a good starter engine.

Tim Yates
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: U puller m5 jugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with JD Plowboy, make sure it is at least a G crank 6" stroke or more.

mmfan55
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: U puller m5 jugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Depends on what you are looking for in a puller. I have had several of the 5" stroke engines that would dyno 80 plus hp. That is good enough around here ( and we use short chains and hard tracks) to go 7000# or more. A stock 403 is generally 90-100. Of course it depends on heads; carb; manifolds; etc.... The m5 jugs make it a 336ci engine. Good farmstock or superfarm stock puller. No problems w/diesel jugs. can use diesel on gas; not other way around.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.