Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yardnan leaf blower problem.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last summer son and I saw a advertisement on C.L at Rice lake. Fellow had 2 leaf blowers for sale. Went to Rice Lake where he had em sitting in his drive waiting for us to take a look. He fired em both up. No More then three plus started em both. Bought em with manuals at a bargain price.
Having problems this fall starting this one. Yard -man made by MTD.It's a yard-man YM 320BV 2 cycle gas Mulching Blower/Vacuum. Cleaned screen, worked for a while then wont start. Gonna clean and re- gap spark plug, will clean spark arrestor , etc, Any other suggestion not mentioned in the manual? Really a good unit if we could get it running and keep it ruining with out pull en.pull-en, pull-en . Any good workable suggestion would be appreciated. Regards, LOU & Victor.

AzPeapicker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lou
It could be the fuel pick up tube in the tank , or it could be the diaphragm in the carb. are stiff & not allowing them to work as a pump.

John in Az.

flakyfriends2@cox.net

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello LOU from WI,

Most likely a fuel delivery problem. If you can adjust the carburetor screws, turn them him GENTLY seating them, then turn them out one turn each. Some carbs now have stops, yours could be one and you won't be able do it. I would check the tank filter, and fuel lines for cracks. Next would be the carburetor screen. and jet passages. Gap the plug at leas .030,
Good luck.............post back if you need more help,

Guido.

ss55
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The fuel line inside the fuel tank can crack and suck in air. My small 2 stroke engines usually run best with a nearly full tank of fresh fuel.

Also try backing out the carb adjustment needles in, then out, then back to their original position (count the turns). Sometimes that moves dirt away from the needles. Remove the plastic adjustment limiters if necessary.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lou,
The first thing I would do is pull the plug.
See if it's wet and then check for spark using a good plug resting on engine?

Sometimes flywheel rusts. One small piece of rust touching the mag and no spark. Neighbor just had that problem.

Always check for spark first.

Second put a few drops of gas inside carb and see if you get fire.

Bet those steps weren't in manual, they are in Bubba's manual. LOL
George

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Eliminate the source of the leaves (deciduous trees) in the close-to-the-house area and life will be easier! I am on a mission to do just that. SWMBO needs to be brought up to speed/educated to the scenario that no nearby deciduous trees = NO leaves, which makes our lives easier. but I can't IMAGINE you telling the Queen that!

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob, When the wind blows, it blows leafs in my garage. Really doesn't matter how far away the trees are.

I know how crazy this may sound, but it really works. I have two pressure washers, 2600 & 4000 psi both with rotary nozzles. They are better than any leaf blower on the market. Gets leafs out of flower beds without doing a lot of damage to flowers too. Just don't want your neighbors see you doing it. Try it, it really works well and fast. If you do it on a windy day, you can blow the leafs out of your yard back to your neighbors, which in my case is a corn field.

George

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah!

My yard has a hedge on three sides, and the open side faces west into an open area (cul-de-sac), and when the NW winds of fall zip the leaves from the empty lot to the west, the hedge acts like a hockey goal, trapping the leaves and making a MESS, plus the trees we have that add to it, including a HUGE, beautiful, but messy weeping birch.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob, the east side of my house is a total of 78 ft. For some reason, the leafs drift like snow on that side of house. Other places, leafs collect of a deck. Like the wood is a magnet for leafs.

When the wind blows, which is does in the fall, I have leaf drifts is the same place every year.

George

Bob S.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Lou,
I'm sure you will be checking all the usual things that can go wrong but when you get to the oddball stuff check the gas gap. I had a problem like yours and after checking everything, I ran a wire thru the gas cap vent, it had a flat rubber tube that allowed venting but would not allow gas to run out of the cap. The last 3/16th of the tube had fused together, I cut 1/4 in off with nail clippers and it has been running fine ever since.
Bob S.

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to Bob S.,George Marsh,ss55, GUIDO, azpeapicker, for the helpful replies. We will try them, as of now we are trying to finish my daughters wood,then we will try all the suggestions. Thanks to you who replied to help us out, it is much appreciated.Regards,
LOU & Victor

big a
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Yardnan leaf blower problem. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check the screws holding the cylinder jug to the crankcase. IIRC, they are just self tapping ones that will work loose and strip. Fought that on a few of those, never found a cost effective fix either.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.