Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

waukesah engines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1130Leo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: waukesah engines Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I happen to know where there are currently 3 Waukesha engines that are going to be scrapped. is there anyone here that knows who may be interested in rescuing them from the scrap heap for parts? I hate to see good iron made into chinese junk. These are very large 12 cylinder locomotive type engines likely 50's or 60's vintage. They have been run on Natural Gas and used for injection compressors all their life, now have been de-commissioned, they are located in S.E. Michigan.

Bud Tierney
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: waukesah engines Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just noticed your post; if these are still there, do you know their proper designation (sounds like the L-7040 or similar)
Chances are slim anyone'll want them--too modern to be considered antiques and too heavy to move for individuals, but a Museum or similar group, if one in fairly close area, might be interested.
A shame to scrap them, but, on the other hand, not something to attract visitors, either...

1130Leo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: waukesah engines Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, well I guess it's off to become chinese junk, it's too bad as two of the three are actually good running engines, the compressors attached to them are junk.

Bud Tierney
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: waukesah engines Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you can determine their correct designation or designations (if they're not all the same) I'll post them to a few sites that might generate interest...they sound like L models; my manual for the 5100/5788/7040 (cid) shows 15,000 lbs for each with its FC 4cyl starter engine, which, incidentally, is much in demand because it was also one of Wauks little workhorse engines, used in everything form soup to nuts, so to speak.
If unable to get to the engines to find the ID tags, a little more precise location will do, or just a contact that'll have further information...or for yourself, if you wish to act as middleman....if they do have FC starter engines, the FCs will generate some interest if they could be pulled off before scrapping...please feel free to email Bud

MinMo1050
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: waukesah engines Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you contact me, I might be interested.
Thanks

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.