Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Case 1031 Pictures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case1950
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put some sad pictures up of a Case 1031 near my house. They are on stuck and trouble section. The old man that owns it wants too much money for it. Also looks like water has gotten in the engine from the rusted out muffler. Still has plenty of good parts. I know the first time I saw it she was abandon around 1995. Its still there. I took these pictures last week.

What would you guys think a fair offer on this would be?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sad to see it rotting away.
Loren

Glenn F.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It doesn't sound like it's for sale at any price. If the block's
not cracked...$2,000??

Glenn F.

jllw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lets save it where are u located

toolz
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks just like one about a mile from my house- would you be in Illinois? This one has been there since before I built my house in 1996. Can't hardly see it in the summer. Grouchy old guy owns it, and I won't even ask.

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It saddens me to see that old workhorse left to the elements. It's hard to say what a fair price would be as you could be blindsided by repairs needed. It most likely was parked for a reason. You never know why people value things so highly when they are just sitting there depreciating. Don

dzc3

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try showing up at same time property tax notices go out. If he's married try to talk to him when she is around. Have a few large bills in your hand make sure she sees them Tell them that you will give it a good home.

BAnNC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Few years back watched a WD, WD45, Super M and AC G
just sitting while weeds grew around them. Talked
to the old man twice about selling me one of them.
He was sure they were worth $5,000 each and wouldn't
sell 'em til he could get that for them. Doubt the
Super M, and two WD's would bring that much, too
many parts missing or rusted out. He died, heirs
sold off ALL to one guy who probably scrapped two of
them and the rest for about $2,000 EACH and made
money.

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sad

What a waste!

How many people here would be willing too put that old gal back in service?

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

when I bought my 1030 years ago it was sitting the neglected behind an old pig barn for many years. They quit using it because the line between the transfer pump and secondary fuel filter had a large hole rubbed in it. They also thought it had a rod knock which turned out to be a swiss cheese manifold making a popping noise. Paid $2000 for it and put another $1500 in it with a complete front end rebuild, remote valve, PS pump and many other odds and ends. The one your looking at looks just like how mine was built. Factory cab with 23.1-30's. When I bought it someone tossed the cab and put 18.4-34 power shift wheels on it. Mine sitting with open muffler, no hood, and bad manifold started with a little convincing but wasn't stuck. There's a water drain hole under #1-2 on the manifold so it may be loose still.

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don,I think you and me have a kinship to the "1030"s, like you, I dont like seeing them like this.Remember how proud they looked at the dealership
Dan

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dan,

I must be getting on in years. I remember seeing those 30 series tractors at the Case dealership and wondering how I could ever have one. Just looking at a 930 or 1030 from the side was like looking at a giant motor with 4 wheels attached. 40 years later my wish has come true. Don

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is mine,and since this pic,I remove this old cab,(if it would have been a factory,never)and she looks better,will post it again soon.
The one your looking at has 3pt and factory,keep us posted what you did. Thanks for posting it
Dan

gatorfarmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1031 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I have one sitting in my mom's yard, still runs

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.