Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Case 570 Diesel Question: What type oil for Rearend,Ect.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike in MI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Case 570 Diesel Question: What type oil for Rearend,Ect. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m working on my brothers Case 570 Diesel. Having Problem 3pt lift cylinder piston leaking oil in Transmission/rearend. I notice the oil was redeish in color when draining it. I was exspecting to see some 90W oil with it but none.
My thinking it should take 90W oil like my Case 530 has, but am I wrong on both case"s?
What should the Tran/rearend oil to be? While I"m asking I might as well find out what type of oil goes into the Hydraulic reseivor? I"m using 10W SAE oil in my Case 530. Last question is what type of Power Steering Fluid does the 570 take?
I"m using Dextron lll in the 530 power steering. Thanks for your help! Mike

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 570 Diesel Question: What type oil for Rearend,Ect. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike

The factory recommendation is gear lube in the rearend. I use 80w90. Several here use a high quality hydraulic fluid like hytran instead of the gear lube. One could affectively argue the use of either. Hytran allows you to use the same oil in both the hydraulic and rearend reservoirs. In addition to being the factory recommendation, gear lube might be less prone to leak past the axel seals and other areas.

I use hytran in the hydrostatic power steering system. Automatic transmission fluid might be helpful in cold climates in the earlier power steering systems. The hydrostatic steering used on s.n. 8262800 (1965) and later 430/530s and the 470/570s should function well by design with hytran in all climates.

You can still get the 3pt piston seal and wiper from case to fix the leaking of oil from the hydraulic reservoir to the rear end. - Joe

BarryfromIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Case 570 Diesel Question: What type oil for Rearend,Ect. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What year did CASE start putting the cover under the three point piston to return the oil to the front reservoir, meaning that they gave up on getting a lasting perfect seal.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.