Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

and the combine arrived

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well the combine showed up this weekend. So the 1070 was itchin' to pull wagons of corn to town to the elevator. Great harvest weather for corn. Thought I would post an updated photo.
Kow Farmer Kurt

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good to hear progress is being made Kurt, that photo must be from Sunday which was a wonderful fall day. Rod.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice picture. Wish the weather would hold out for a couple months...lol.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pic. Your clear skies arived here overnight. Suppose to be a nice sunny day with temps in the 50s here.
The uncles fired the drier at noon yesterday, and it will continue to run as long as the weather stays dry. The 50T nurse tank was full, and several wagons like yours were full, last night
We only have a small MC dryer, so that is a bottle neck with the newer bigger combine.
Loren

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,
Yes it was Sunday. Picture perfect harvesting day.
Kow Farmer Kurt

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking good Kurt, how'd your corn yield? I haven't finished ours but the 40 I shelled made 108. Beans 27-38. Here's a cow pic for you, twins.

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Erik,
Corn went 155 bpa. Wetter than I ever thought it would be though. 21.5%-22%. 54.5 test weight. Oh well. It isn't going to get much drier I guess. The cow with twins pic is awesome. I miss those days. Cows with calves are the coolest things to watch for me. Thank you for the nice photo. How are the cattle doing by you? How's the "new" Magnum tractor working out so far? I enjoy your pics and postings very much. Keep em' coming please. Thanks again.
Kow Farmer Kurt

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cows are doing great, just weaned and sold most of the spring herd. Have 8 more in another pasture to get caught. Moved the fall cows home last week all but 3 of them have calves on the ground, hope a few stragglers show up the next few weeks. I haven't got a chance to work the new tractor yet, did plow some terraces Monday with the Massey. We got 1.75" of rain Monday night and some more last night so we may not get back in the field this fall. It's wetter than it's been in 4 years right now, thankfully. I'm going to look at a couple rippers and disc chisels the next couple weeks for the Magnum, we'll see how things come along.

NickatKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pic Erik,
I love to see baby calves running and kicking their heels up.
Nick

NickatKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautiful fall picture!!
Keepum coming.
Nick

casepower970
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: and the combine arrived Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a great picture. We used to run Case tractors and JD combine, I see that a lot honestly!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.