Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Basket Case

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Row Crop
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a 1950 Cockshutt 30, with a stuck engine. It sat for years with an open muffler. The cylinder walls are all rust. So far, I can't find anyone who has a rebuild kit for it's 4B-153 gas engine. I need sleeves, pistons and bearings. Can anyone help?

Matt_In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NAPA,

Budaengine.com,

Phil Heisey
215-256-8651

J. Schwiebert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well overbore kits were available when I left the after market. I can look up a Clevite number if you need it later tonight.

krm
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try Phil Heisey at 215-256-8651 or philnoreenh@verizon.net,may be hard to get a hold of but keep trying.

Gambles
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How much leg work have you done on the Buda 4B153?
Do a Google search for "Howard Enterprises". They have a nice web site and, as of a year ago, they still make the sleeves, sleeve o-rings, pistons and piston rings. Now, don't crucify me if I have this wrong, but the part number is HE4514606. (I think that's it. Call them to verify this) Howard Enterprises does NOT sell to the public, so you will have to give them a call and ask who in your area would be the local dealer. I'm guessing O'Reilly auto parts might be one, but verify first.
Or, if he will return your call or email, buy them from Phil Heisey. Because he specializes in the hard-to-find stuff and will probably sell you the overhaul kit cheaper anyway.

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gambles,I am a Howards Dealer. They do not list the Buda parts in their catalog or on the CD,but I asked about them not long ago and they have everything in stock. I have bought many engine parts from them amd they are #1 in my book.

Row Crop
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies. I will call Phil Heisey Monday morning!

Matt_In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Row Crop wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:47:13 11/03/13) Thank you for the replies. I will call Phil Heisey Monday morning!

You are better off calling him on a weekend or in the evenings. He works during the day.

J. Schwiebert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a nice 30.I know it is your money and you can spend it any way you want but if you do a major on it and get the block cleaned, etc. the shop that is going to do the work and he may have a source and make you a package price. I know when I taught machine shop a lot of the machine shop guys complained the customer would bring in his own parts and that was of their major complaints if they had a source for the parts. Don't get me wrong I have known Phil a long time and I like Phil.

P Heisey,Harleysville, PA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Row Crop,

YES, we have all the rebuild parts on stock here for your Cockshutt 30 tractor.

Please call or email me.

This looks like the Chester Springs, PA tractor.

Phil Heisey
215-256-8651

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Thanks for listing me as a Cockshutt parts source!

Yes, I still have my day job, too.

Phil

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Gambles,

Thanks for listing me as a source for COCKSHUTT parts!!

Phil Heisey
215-256-8651

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi krm,

Thanks for listing me as a source for COCKSHUTT Parts.

Phil Heisey
215-256-8651

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Row Crop,

Hello again,

Monday morning, I will be off to my day job.

Please call or email today or be prepared to leave a message with your phone number tomorrow, so I can return your call asap.

Thanks,
Phil Heisey
215-256-8651

J. Schwiebert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Basket Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Welding man: Send me an e-mail or phone number. Thanks. J.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.