Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-Maine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Who makes a good cordless 1/2" DRIVE IMPACT WRENCH?? tHANKS

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just saw Ryobi has one for its 18 volt lithium line, and the bare tool is cheaper than the HF one of the same voltage. I think I'm gonna try one, maybe I'll look at the specs, if I get the time.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Depends what you want for torque. I have a Hitachi, don't know the model #. It's lightweight and feels like a 3/8 but has the power of a mid-sized 1/2. It might twist off a 1/2" bolt if the conditions are right but it will twist off a 3/8 bolt. Works great for cultivator bolts because of it's smaller size. The batteries seemingly last forever before needing a recharge. Jim

FrankinFlorida

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1/2 inch Snap-On and it will remove tractor lug nuts.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 18 dewalt, rated around 500 lb-ft. Gets 99% of the jobs done I need to do. Yes there may be better cordless, however sooner or later your batteries will go south. I stuck with dewalt cordless tools because I have invested in 5 good batteries. There aren't too many dewalts cordless tools that I don't have. Still waiting on dewalt to come up with a grease gun.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 18 dewalt, rated around 500 lb-ft. Gets 99% of the jobs done I need to do. Yes there may be better cordless, however sooner or later your batteries will go south. I stuck with dewalt cordless tools because I have invested in 5 good batteries. There aren't too many dewalts cordless tools that I don't have. Still waiting on dewalt to come up with a grease gun.

Mike Groom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 20 volt lithium battery Dewalt that will remove tractor lugnuts and last for a long time on a battery,have to be careful to not break a wrist with the torque.

TimV
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been very happy with my Dewalt. Actually, it's got the 1/4" quick-change hex head but I've done lots of jobs using the 1/2" step-up adapter for it. They're the cat's meow for driving things like lag and deck screws!

rlpintx
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ryobi is pretty good... Used on lugnuts and to take off mower blades but nothing really heavy.

Tom vertiz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Although I do not own one yet from what I have researched and saw the dewalt twenty volt seems about the best. Even better than the snap on in my opinion. But If you don't need massive torque like for lugs ridgid I'd best for all cordless. Lifetime warranty even on batteries. Nobody else even comes close to that.

caseyc
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 18 volt Snap On is 11 years old and still going. Used very heavily daily in an automotive repair facility. The only time an air impact comes out is when I forget to put a battery on the charger.

Casey in SD

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 12 volt Hitachi; I can't tell much difference in performance from my friend's 18 volt Ryobi - except that it weighs a lot less than the 18 volt.

WV2CYL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Milwaukee all the way. I have the 18 volt lithium battery. 450 torgue, beats the snapon. Had a selection of all kinds of drills and torque wrenches, Got rid of all of them and have 7 of the milwauke tools including a grease gun and flashlight that use the same battery (diadoe type). best made!!!!!!!!!!!

Tramway Guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've had an 18v DeWalt for several years and am extremely pleased with it. It's the larger model that was not part of a kit with other tools.

moresmoke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordless 1/2 drive impact wrench Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Milwaukee... No one has beaten it for torque yet. We run trials at work from time to time. Not sure how long it will last though, Have had to get it repaired twice now, (warranty no cost, no questions). But I do beat the snot out of it. Use it to put the wheels on all the combines and grain carts that come in at work, plus use for just about everything else where it will fit.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.