Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cold weather

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

24 degrees in W SC this AM. You folks North of me could have kept the cold weather, you didn't have to share.

Lot of soybeans not cut yet. If they still had moisture, this should dry them out. Very little rain for weeks, some forecast next week.

I hear the corn harvest in IA was better than expected. IAGary and others there, how are prices?

KEH

RMinVa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

21 here in southside central Va. this morning. Dry here too. Haven't had an inch of rain in over a month. Lots of small fires this past Sunday. 30 mph winds and 24% humidity. Lots of fuel to burn with leaves falling like rain.

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Read 16 or 17 Deg F before the sun came up, which is not bad considering there is no wind, sunny clear day, nice for making firewood or similar outside work, no bugs, no sweat, etc. LOL Ground may have a little frost, makes for nice traction with no snow cover.

Will be a slave to the stove for the next 4 months or so, but it goes quickly, especially in about 40 days once the sun starts moving back, days get longer. One thing is for sure, its tolerable when the sun is shining, but once that sun goes down, whole different ball game LOL !

Richard G.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

20 here on my front porch. Glad I checked on some things yesterday. At least the wind did not blow.
Frost everywhere here in Oakway.
Richard in NW SC

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was 18F here. The state and town DOTs have been wareing out cutting edges on the snow plows for the last two days.
Loren, the Acg.

IaGary

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With a big crop comes low prices.

$3.00 a bushel lower than last year at $4.40 or so per bushel.

This will slow the increase in land prices down a little.

Guys that buy corn for feed should by happy as well.

Gary

2badlybent
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was 15 degrees here on the NY- Canadian border
this morning. I went out and plugged the heaters, on the combine and tractor, into the electric supply early this morning. That makes it easier to start and a warm engine. Going out early to try the combine this morning with hopes that the cold has firmed up the ground some. It has been muddy going this fall but I could be done with one more good day.

oj
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We were warm last night, never dropped below about 33f.. first time in weeks, 3 days ago me managed about -10f, that day we didn't manage to get over 20f.

100 miles north of North Dakota.

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was showing 24 in my truck this morning. At work it was 22.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Marilyn's brother lives in Clarksdale, Ms. I'll betcha he's shivering. Yesterday morning Spencer, Ia, 30 miles north of me had a temp of -1. My thermometer recorded +1 at sometime during that period. A few years ago I was north of Kamsack SK picking up a combine to bring home and the temp was below zero F with snow on the ground. I was glad to get back to Iowa where our temps were in the 'warm' 40's. Jim

wfw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lower 30's and dusting of snow overnight close to Morehead, NC.

frank

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here in east central South Dakota corn is at $3.68. About 98% done here. I've been done a couple weeks with harvest. Wet corn plus price cuts into the bottom line!!

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seems a bit early for that, but they do go out when its questionable, has to be the litigious society we live in. I have a friend who works out of the local NY DOT yard, and is on the snowplow, state is pretty good about clearing, but sometimes the salt useage makes me wonder. Town used to be questionable, can recall many a night I had to walk up my road, fire up my plow truck and clear it, they seem a lot more dependable now. We are getting there, perfect weather for deer hunting. Had the old stove going all night, put a 10" elm round in there 11PM, still going at 6 am, upstairs the thermostat reads a full 2 degrees warmer than its set, now is the pay off for all the hard work of putting up wood to keep the oilman away LOL !

uncle henry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

33 here in my part of east texas

RLA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: cold weather Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ahh come on Man up. that's shirt sleeve weather..

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.