Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

770 Hydralectric

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliver1755
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: 770 Hydralectric Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 770 with hydralectric. It used to work just fine. It quit working last year, fuse good, getting power. I had a rough cable, so I replaced it and replaced the microswitch. All appears to be good.

What might be something else causing this problem? Yes, the hydraulics work with out it, but it is nice to use it with the factory 3-point. Any suggestions are welcome.

agonair
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: 770 Hydralectric Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you tested it at the female plug on the tractor to ee if you are getting juice back that far?

If you are, then plug it in and check it at the cylinder to see if you are getting juice. That will let you know of you have cord or plug issues.

J. Schwiebert
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: 770 Hydralectric Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First of all at the female plug there are 4 wires. The one next to the "teardrop" used to properly align the harness is the ground wire. The one straight across from it is the white wire which is used to power the down circuit. So run the cylinder out about 1/4 to 1/2 of its travel. Grab the harness that comes out of the unit and unplug it from the cylinder. With the tractor off and the key on place a flat blade screw driver between these 2 terminals so it contacts both terminals. Pull the handle down to the down position. It should hold, if not there are troubles inside the unit. The red wire is the one that goes to the magnet that sets the depth. Use a test light and not the screwdriver to see if that circuit has power. The other wire (black) is the up circuit to see if it has power. You can use the screw driver to check it. I sent you an e-mail if you have more questions. Did you get the e-mail? J.

oliver1755
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: 770 Hydralectric Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks J. Schwiebert for the response. I will certainly check per your suggestions and see what I find. I wasn"t sure how to check the functions.

I did not get your email.

oliver1755
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: 770 Hydralectric Reply to specific post Reply with quote

J.
Update on the Hydralectric...
I did the test you identified, nothing working. So, I switched the cable to the other side (has never been used) and worked just fine. I suppose that means that the solenoid for the side I use is bad???

My email is oliver1755 at gmail dot com.

Thanks

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.