Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Deere STX 38 Yellow Deck rider

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: John Deere STX 38 Yellow Deck rider Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Going to be parting out this John Deere soon. Runs fine but the bolts that hold the motor in have fallen out again. I have pulled this motor and tapped the holes once already and am not doing it again. Anyone need any parts or want to buy the thing whole? I will get some pics tonight of it. The lifting mechanism doesnt work right so it wont lower the deck all the way. I think the lowest it goes is 2". hood has a crack in the front. Tires are ok and hold air. Muffler is currently off because of rust but I do have it. Located in Central Wisconsin.Email me with an offer if you want to buy it whole. Picture below is not mine but looks just like it.
John Deere STX38

jeffcat
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere STX 38 Yellow Deck rider Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh the picture looks so sad. Almost like a real bad puppy dog that piddled or something.

Gene Davis (Ga.)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere STX 38 Yellow Deck rider Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am interested in a deck like that. What shape is the deck in?

TGIN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere STX 38 Yellow Deck rider Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the same mower with the same problems . Tried retaping the holes and used loctite and they did not hold then used threaded inserts and the bolts will not hold . It just sits in the barn now . Pain in the rear to have to tighten everything every time you mow .

Schim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere STX 38 Yellow Deck rider Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Deck is fine. Blades are 2 years old. no wobble in the pulleys. Not perfect but perfectly useable. Not sure how I would ship something that big...

Schim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere STX 38 Yellow Deck rider Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well good to know mine isnt the only one with this problem. its too bad really, it still runs and mows fine.

Gene Davis (Ga.)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere STX 38 Yellow Deck rider Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where do you live? I'll have to get some idea of shipping cost. What is your bottom dollar price?

Gene Davis Tennille, Ga.31089

Schim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere STX 38 Yellow Deck rider Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sold the thing whole this weekend for $50. Cheap but no longer a thorn in my side.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.