Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How my harvest is going!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlwin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well the same storm that damaged the CNH building in Lebanon, IN flatten the last 350 acres of corn. We waited about 2 weeks for the new grain bin and dryer to get done and we probably should have picked!!

Michael Beeker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OMG, that's terrible! Sorry to see that you had damage like that. We had a storm like that come thru our farm years back, and lost almost 1/3 of the corn crop. We ran in 1st gear, got what we could, then went back over field walking to try to get some of what was on the ground. We only lost 120 acres that way. Good Luck!

Mike

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks like it could get frustrating awful quickly. Does that pickup reel help a lot? Don

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hope everything works out OK for you. The reel brings more trash through the machine but at least you are able to keep moving. Do you have rocks? When you're trying to pick up down corn the durned things go right up the gathering chains and into the combine just like an ear does. Rocks that are frozen down do a real nice job of ruining those plastic snoots. Good luck with the rest of it. Jim

jlwin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes we do have lots of rocks but the rolling basket on the back of the finisher does a good job of mashing them down! The reel is a lifesaver if it wasn't on there we would probably be looking at a 50% yield reduction but by the monitor we are losing minimal amounts! Still about twice the yield of last year!!

jic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok i'm in lebanon, where are you located ? raining here now, hope you got a lot done today.

jlwin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kewanna area just north of logansport off state road 17. Kinda trying to do the rain deal here too... Got about 80 acres left dunno if it'll get done tomorrow or not!

jic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

did you ever know dave stangle( might be spelled wrong) old MM tractor puller ?

jlwin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's the auger tractor

jlwin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes knew Dave very well dad used to pull with him on another Ron Perry built moline! I grew up with Dave's son going around to tractor pulls and farming! We helped each other out a lot when each other needed it. The home farm is about 8 miles south if Dave's house.

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What a mess. Do you have field tracker?

dlwin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: How my harvest is going! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We don' have field tracker but do have header height control. As fixerupper said the rocks like to follow the ears up the gathering chains and its hard to find them in all that trash. Sometimes reversing will move the rock to the top.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.