Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know what this plow is?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wascopete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have this plow and have no idea what make or model it is. I have used it as a one way plow but would like to use it as a two way. My dad had one exactly like it and it had hydraulic cylinders that would rotate the disks. Unfortunately that plow is long gone (traded for a snowmobile). Mine is missing the cylinders. I would like to find some original cylinders but if I can't I have a steering cylinder off of an old case combine that will work with a little modification.

Last edited by Wascopete on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wascopete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pictures

Wascopete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

having trouble adding photos. in classic mode i can only add one on each post. in modern view i can add multiple photos to the post but after submitting the post none of the photos are there.
See some pictures here

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Disk plows are not popular around here, never saw a
contraption quite like that to pivot one too.

Just wanted to say thanks for the pics, see something new
every day!

Paul

Wascopete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have seen three. My neighbor has one too. He has no idea who made his.

Dave Gunem
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty neat disc plow . Clueless as to manufacturer but I like the 2-way capability . Would that be a switch ? reversible ? or ??? Definitely not a rollover . Posting the info on the castings or any other markings or pics of same would help .

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am constantly amazed at the amount of old equipment that was manufactured obviously with no identification permanently attached, such as in the castings or an ID tag riveted on. I know. riveted tags get torn off at times, but there is still evidence that it was there. I have two old discs and neither one has even a hint as to what brand or who manufactured them, yet the bearing boxings have part numbers cast into them.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never saw one like it, but I wish I owned it!

Wascopete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In the first picture you can see where a tag had been. The second photo is the disc that attached to the hydraulic cylinders of top of the plow. The third photo is on the vertical casting. The fourth picture is housing or hub that the disks are mounted to and the last photo is the a frame casting where the 3 point hitch connects.

Wascopete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It works like a switch plow. The cylinders (if it had any) would rotate the round disc on top which is connected to the plow disks. The cable is in a figure 8 and connected to the wheel on back. The figure 8 cable makes the wheel turn in the opposite direction as the plow disks. I can operate it by hand but I have to get off each time I turn around.

Nate V. IA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So can you raise it until the tail wheel just touches the ground and crank the tractors front end around then back up a little to make the tail wheel reverse? Wouldn't that in the process reverse the disk plow? When ever I try to back up my trailing plow the tail wheel always wants to jack knife. That is a really neat plow.

Nate

Wascopete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this plow is? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nate V. IA wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:47:14 12/04/13) So can you raise it until the tail wheel just touches the ground and crank the tractors front end around then back up a little to make the tail wheel reverse? Wouldn't that in the process reverse the disk plow? When ever I try to back up my trailing plow the tail wheel always wants to jack knife. That is a really neat plow.

Nate

Haven't tried that. we got 6 inches of snow last night so it might be spring before i could try it. by then i hope to have hydraulics do the turning.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.