Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

310d back hoe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ben brown
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: 310d back hoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my back hoe has a problem with f/r shift i have 150psi on charge pump 125 at idle 150 throttle on the reverse side it has 90to 100 psi on clutch pack and one the forward side 25 and forward slips. i know i need more pressure on forward,, my question is the charge pump putting out enough pressure i put new disk and seals and all new in it i guess i must have damage one.

Roy Suomi
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: 310d back hoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is this machine actually a "D" series machine.?? Or is it a straight 310.. Early 310 , 310-A and 310-B had a "D" right behind the model number ?? If so , the "D" designates , built in Dubuque.. They had no driveshaft between the reverser and transmission.. If your machine has no driveshaft in it , I might be able to help.. I left the dealership in '91 .. So there weren't any problems yet with the "C" series and later.. I'm not familiar with newer machines , just the relics.. If it is old style , did you pull the complete front clutch out ?? There is a bushing and sealing rings on the back of the forward clutch.. I change the bushing and rings everytime I get into one.. These rings direct pressure oil to the forward clutchpack assembly..

ben brown
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 310d back hoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no its a d series has forward reverser with toque converter with drive line i took it a part it slip in 3 4 gear though it might be the clutch pack but all look good replace all the sealing rings and piston rings on reverse brake and froward clutch pack but still dont have enough pressure. on front clutch so took it back out tore it down again nothing really stick out but does have a lot of by pass air on forward clutch.

Roy Suomi
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: 310d back hoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have accidently cut a small section of the rubber piston sealing ring on other machines.. Easy to do..Is there something missing ?? Maybe a thrust washer ? Any steel or rubber rings should seal.. How about a surface where a ring seals ??

ben brown
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 310d back hoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

went back through check all sealing rings pressure check with air back clutches work front not a well as reverse brake but the front clutch pack has 3 sets of sealing ring so going to be some pressure loss with air, still don,t work so took off manifold with the two ele. solenoids i just dont think there letting the oil through to clutch pack have no pressure to front clutch pack when running but i do have 125 plus pressure on charge pump so know i have pressure to manifold. removed manifold put air pressure to case and have 75 psi on clutch pack so going to have to take a look at the ele solenoids. i know it be something real simple when i find the problem

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.