Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ford Golden Jubilee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mowdigger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First of all, I know nothing about Ford tractors. What is the difference between a jubilee and a golden jubilee? I looked at one today that a buddy is wanting to get rid of and was wanting some info on it before I made any offer. Thanks

Texas!
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1953 was the 50th anniversary of the Ford Motor Company. In 1953 Ford introduced a new tractor with an overhead valve engine that was officialy called the NAA. Because of the 50th anniversary Ford put a special emblem on the nose of the new NAA that said "1903-1953 Golden Jubilee". Therefore a 1953 Ford NAA tractor is commonly called the Golden Jubilee or just plain Jubilee. Ford also built the NAA in 1954 but it received a plain nose emblem and is officially just an NAA. Ford continued to put nose emblems on the tractors until 1962 and many people who don't know better call any Ford tractor with a nose emblem a Jubilee.

Cliff(VA)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tractors made in the '53 model year are known as "Golden Jubilees" because they were to celebrate the 50th year of the Ford Motor Company. Technically they are model NAA tractors. The NAA was also made for the '54 model year, but they are not Golden Jubilees. Some of the first of these tractors were actually painted gold (First hundred maybe?). Loosely speaking the tractor can be referred to as a "Jub", a "Jubilee", a "Golden Jubilee", or an "NAA".

Cliff(VA)

jeffkoh
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is no difference. 1953 was Fords "Golden Jubliee" year, some say golden jubilee some say jubilee. They made the same tractor in 1954, it is called the NAA.

Mowdigger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys, basically it was just the year. I appreciate the info. I may be back asking more questions if I bring it home.

Kirk-NJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ain't never seen a Jub painted gold. Closest thing I've seen is the industrial yellow repaint on my jub.

Kirk

Kirk-NJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BTW, there are a lot of people who have no idea what they are selling. You can post some serial #'s or photos when in doubt.

Kirk

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Jubilee. Don't pay any more for it just because it's a Golden Jubilee. I personally don't think it worth a nickle more than the 1954 NAA model.

Depending on what you plan to do with tractor, you may want to look at a 1955 or newer for live PTO, power steering and external hyd. I wish I had.
George

Sean in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cliff(VA) wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:33:20 12/11/13) Tractors made in the '53 model year are known as "Golden Jubilees" because they were to celebrate the 50th year of the Ford Motor Company. Technically they are model NAA tractors. The NAA was also made for the '54 model year, but they are not Golden Jubilees. Some of the first of these tractors were actually painted gold (First hundred maybe?). Loosely speaking the tractor can be referred to as a "Jub", a "Jubilee", a "Golden Jubilee", or an "NAA".

Cliff(VA)

Never heard of a Jubilee being painted gold from the factory. Maybe you are confused with the "Gold Demonstrator" models, which were the later 601/701/801/901 models with the new Select-O-Speed transmissions that Ford painted gold at the factory and insisted that each dealer stock a gold one on their showroom floor as a "demonstrator" model for the new transmission.

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I drove a 53 Ford pickup that was marked Golden Jubilee on the horn button.Just marked 50 years in business for Ford.Used to chase parts and bring the drivers to their trucks with it.The tractors were NAA models.The is no such animal as a Golden Jubilee tractor.

BearGap
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In their brochures when the "New Ford Tractor" was introduced in 1953, Ford referred to it as the "Ford Tractor - Golden Jubilee Model*" and in small type at the end of the spec page "*Model NAA", so the 1953 version is routinely referred to as a Jubilee.

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ive owned one for decades, a 1953 golden jubilee tractor will say so right on the nose badge, the 54 wont, that being said be sure what your buying, the golden jubilee really isnt anything special, its just the next improvement over the 8n, it has a bigger more powerfull overhead valve engine and live hydraulics and its slightly bigger and heavier than the 8n, before you make an offer check the thing out, besides the obvious things like running condition and leaks, the jube suffers the same steering box problems the 8n does when the upper bearing is bad it wont turn left, if the wheel lifts up out of the dash when you turn left its about to happen, check that the 3 point lift works, then pick up something with it, and shut the tractor off, a good lift will stay put, one that needs some work will drop anywhere from very slowly to crash imeadatly, dont be put off if it does, and the rest of the unit is good, or cheap there not that hard to fix tires are a big factor in determining price not so much the fronts but the back ones these days are expensive, ive been completly thru mine over the years and they make a good light duty tractor plus there light enough to haul behind a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup and powerfull enough to do something when you get to a job , and there simple to work on. like the 8n the pto is not live, and if your going to brush hog a over running clutch on the pto shaft is a wanted item, but unlike the 8n, if the lift is leaky, you do not need to have the blades spinning to pick up the impliment, it will lift anytime the engine is running
the one weak point on the jube is the rear end, its similer to the 8n, and the big nuts on the axle ends are prone to get loose and wallow out the hubs, you can fix that but its something to check out before you buy. if you dont see that big nut, the tractor is something else and you need to get the serial number off it so we can figure out what it is before you make a offer. work needed or tires needed should affect the price of the tractor a real nice jubilee is usually worth around 3 to 3500 dollars, nice means looks great and needs nothing

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

checkt he sn.. may just be a 54naa vs a jube. ps.. the 54 naa is more rare.. less made. Wink

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford Golden Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have never heard a farmer refer to his Ford Golden Jubilee tractor.Ford may have used it in advertising but you wont hear it around here.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.