Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Update on the wife and her health.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Mayo Clinic is a great place for health care. I hope they can keep it going with all the troubles ahead.

The Doctors have started a treatment plan that basically is hardware to hold the hip joint together and Medication to encourage bone regrowth. Plus good pain management with mental health care.

When we were there last week they stabilized the bone/joint with a plate and screws. It did not take them much over an hour operation time. We went for the first time consultation and they did not want her to leave without it being stabilized. Had her in surgery that very afternoon. Did not even knock her clear out.

Did get to see some $500 screws. LOL Told the Doc that I had some in jar at home that would be cheaper. He about laughed himself silly over that.

The Docs at Iowa city messed up!!!! They focused too much on her diabetes and not enough on her age and bone density. The Doctor at Mayo says that she should have a 80-90% recovery.

Then they had her on a good pain management plan for when she came home. She is doing well now she can sleep and is not in constant pain. She will start Physical therapy just after Christmas. May have to go to Mayo for a week to ten days then. They want her to start working in a weight limiting environment. I think this is a pool of some type.

So she is feeling better and is in much better spirits.

I should have just taken her to the Mayo clinic first. They did wonders for my first wife's battle with cancer. THEY ARE in my estate.

They are doing wondrous things there.

Saw some little twins that where going home health after being born weighting less than 1 Lb. They where awake and looking around at four months old. I shudder to think of the cost involved in that whole deal. (One twin had the cord caught so they had to take them to save both)

Have a good day!!!

I am being lazy today. I might not even leave the house today. Wife is on the couch wrapping gifts and I am the pack mule an galley slave. LOL

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad to hear.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great news. If you only had some snow to plow your day could be complete!

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good to hear she is on the mend.

Vito

wilamayb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's some great news. I know it gives you and your wife both a boost in knowing that someone has faith in her recovery. I thought her age sounded way too young to be fearful of surgery even with the glucose/insulin problems but I'm no doctor.

I hope and pray that the wife continues to improve and that her sprits remain high. I know she wants to be mobile and I know you desire the same.

farmerwithmutt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

great news hate to knock iowa city but a lady i knew followed same path differnt problem saddest funeral i was at only 38 unfortunatly mayo couldnt correct the damage but yours sound great be chasing grandbabys soon sounds like shes caught grandpa god bless

omahagreg
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds great! I had need of Mayos services at age 42! It was a nerve issue, that needed time to heal, but was impressed with the knowledge and care!

Patrick Klise
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mayo Clinic is wonderful. We"re only 75 miles from us here in the Twin Cities. My wife had some sort of high potassium problem (if I remember correctly) Local Twin Cities doctor had her on medication for a year a half.No better. She went to Mayo and in a hour found the problem which was some sort of para-thyroid gland issue.The doctor at Mayo came as close as I"ve ever heard a doctor criticize another one! Wife had the para=thyroid gland removed and all is well now.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's good news JD. She's on the way to recovery now. Living disabled and in pain is not a good way to be. She's also very fortunate to have a caring and helping husband at her side. Jim

Glenn F.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a very encouaging report JD. You are doing the right thing. Being there for each other...it doesn't get any better.

Glenn F.

Rich Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't caught all the posts regarding your wife's health issues, but glad to hear she is at the Mayo as I've heard they do amazing things there.

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the good report. Sounds like they made some strides, and things aren't as dark as they were. Good news.

Billy Shafer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife had diabetes. Her last Doc was a very good one. He explained the problems doctors face when dealing with it.

Glad to hear she is doing better. Hope she makes it home for Christmas.

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good medication and reality based diagnosis. Perfect. Tell her Hi from all of us. Jim

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Update on the wife and her health. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

May things continue to improve for your family.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters