Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farm show magazine

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
37chief
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone get this magazine? I got a offer for 17.00 a year. What do you think? Stan

Lazy WP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I love the magazine.$17/ year is good, but once they get you, you will get lots of junk mail from them.

Determined
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Excellent magazine I have been getting it well over 10 years, they have not sent anything other than renewal notices when due.

Determined
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can go to there website and check them out.
I think they will send you a free issue.
Once you have a subscription you can access the archives on the website going back decades.

PJH
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I enjoy reading it, and I've stolen several of the ideas that I've seen in it. I think it's worth reading. I have to admit that I wonder how some folks come up with some of the ideas that they show. Seems like sometimes they spend a lot of time and money and end up with nearly nothing. But it's still good reading. The copy in my barbershop gets worn pretty thin.

Dan in Ohio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been getting it for a few years now. Like nothing else I get, always see something unusual.

Couple years ago I read something about a guy that had aerial farm stead pictures taken in the sixties. Gave him a call and he said he had the negatives covering several states, all I had to do was give him the address and describe something in the photo. I told him we lived back a long lane, had a brick farm house and the pic would have a John Deere G parked on the hill in front of the house.

This is that picture taken in 1966 or 67.

photo photo-165.jpg

Pretty hard to see the old G, but it is hanging on the wall in my den now.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

37Cheif: I get FARMSHOW. I have for years. It is one of my "always" read mags when it comes. Some of the stuff is not real practical but many of the ideas are helpful. I also like the section where guys talk about their own "best" and "Worse" stuff. I have gotten some good tips from that section.

For $17 you can't hardly eat at Micky Ds twice so try Farmshow out. I think you will enjoy it.

Harvey2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been taking the paper since the first issue.

There is sumthing in the last issue aboot a scam that someone is selling false subscriptions. So be careful vhen you send in your money.

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Love the pic, is the old g on the driveway by the tree, were the driveway turns right to the barn? Kinda looks like a set of tires from a tractor!

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used to get it. Loved it.

farmerwithmutt
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

love them old pics bonus could see my dad feeding pigs .also tax deduction because its a record of your farm when things were built

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No advertising in it either!

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of my favorite magazines. As others have mentioned, beware of the fake subscription offer, get your subscription form off their site, and compare the addresses with your $17 offer. $17 is only a bargain, if it is not a scam!

super99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like a scam to me. Love the magazine, I have subscribed since the 80's. Google them for subscription info. Chris

Harvey2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Farm show magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found my last issue, and the years subscription is $23.95

Their web site is www.farmshow.com

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.