Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mowdigger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need some advice on cub cadet snow blowers. Do they work good on the front of the older cub model 149? I would like to put one on, but don't want to buy one if they don't work well.
Thanks

Traper
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They work well but you will have to add wheel weights and chains.Control speed with hydstat trans run throttle wide open wax shoot on inside also 149 is a wide frame narrow frame can be adapted if you have a welder
traper

Bill Lisbon
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The snowthrower that fit the older cadet is single stage, no blower, the auger throws the snow out.It works OK in light fluffy snow, but not heavy wet snow. The newer Snowblowers are two stage, the auger feeds a blower behind the auger and they work great in any kind of snow.

Anon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can also put a smaller pulley on the gearbox to speed up the snow thrower. Works much better. They take some practice to learn how to make them work right.

Butch(OH)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are marginal in good conditions worthless in bad (bad snow). Speeding them up helps immensely as does keeping the chute area free of rust. You will need chains and a set of weights is a plus.

Phil B.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They work ok if the snow is light. I used one for about 12 years, and finally bought a Kubota with a front mount blower. Way better. I have been trying to sell a couple for a while, but no one wants them.
I have a 42" and 36" both will fit either a wide or narrow frame IH.

IA Roy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have heard of speeding up the thrower. Anyone know how much to increase the speed, or downsize the driven pulley.

IA Roy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a QA thrower on my 782. I have heard about speeding it up. Anyone know how much smaller the driven pulley or how much faster so shoot for?

Darren Sterley

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

im interested in one of the snowblowers where are you located atanywere close to ludington mi

DaninKansas
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a single stage "IH" snow thrower on my 125, heavy wet snow just plugged it up - never did work all that well. I just shoveled the light snow without bothering to start the old Cub. I eventually sold it because I didn't think it was worth the hassel.

A friend of mine had a "Craftsman" two stage snow blower that he modified to fit the front his Cub wide frame and it worked surprising well - a whole lot better than the IH thrower. I tried to buy it when he sold the Cub but the buyer wanted the little tractor and all the attachments.

Anon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went with a 1" smaller pully on the driven side. Throws the light snow about 20 ft. and heavy snow about 10 ft.

IA Roy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for the info

cubman 149
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Phil B. wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:32:41 01/07/14) They work ok if the snow is light. I used one for about 12 years, and finally bought a Kubota with a front mount blower. Way better. I have been trying to sell a couple for a while, but no one wants them.
I have a 42" and 36" both will fit either a wide or narrow frame IH.

Phil I'm interested in the 42in thrower do you still have it and are you around Ohio?

NathanCobb
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Snowblower for Cub Cadet 149 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guys! Any snow blower recommendations out there. I need to buy one. Thanks in advance.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters