Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BF AVERY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale in Nw wa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: BF AVERY Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Help I have a model 5 bf avery and I need a complete motor. When I got this tractor it has a V4 wisconson on it now it is froze up and I dont really care Does any one out here in YT have a complete motor and if so what do you want for it Also I live 80 miles northwest of Spokane Wa Thanks Dale

mab570diesel
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: BF AVERY Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dale i would try posting in the minneapolis moline forum on this site since that is who bought them out someone should be able to help you there i think we had a v at 1 time it had a lil hercules though maybe 1 of those would work i know nothing about this particular tractor so take it for what its worth

Dale in Nw wa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BF AVERY Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks it is worth a try Dale

Gene Davis (Ga.)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: BF AVERY Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Avery tractors used Hercules engines. The "A" and the "R" series use the IXA or IXB series engines. There is usually a number at the end of the engine model. This number may be written as an "IXB-3". the number on the end tells you how many gears are in the front cover and this is critical to having a drive for a governor or magneto in the right place. The"V" series used the ZXB series that were about 60 CID. When MM bought Avery, the "R" series tractor became the "BF" and the "V" designation remained the same for a few more years until they both were done away with.

cindym
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: BF AVERY Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi - I have a 1942 BF Avery (Model V) w/cultivator and I"d like to sell it. I"m having trouble finding comparisons online. Anyone know the best place to figure out what the value might be? I know about the Tractor Blue Book but I would have to buy it. I"m looking locally, on ebay, tractor sites, etc. Closest I get is a 1947 which looks similar. Help!!

Stan Rigney
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BF AVERY Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the location and condition of the Avery V that's for sale? Was the year established by locating the Ser. No.? If it's 1942, then it's a very early built model. I paid a scrap dealer $600 for a 1949 model with cultivator frames, it had a broken front axle and stuck engine. Probably paid too much, but it was local and not shipping cost. You could try the Minneapolis Moline forum since MM bought the BF Avery Company out and someone there might be interested.

Ill John
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: BF AVERY Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I paid $1300 for a "restored" V with a couple of minor problems. It's a 1952 but they all were very nearly the same tractor.

Ill John
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: BF AVERY Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That website would be "minneapolis-moline.com"

Stan Rigney
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BF AVERY Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where is the tractor located? What condition (running, tires, history, equipment, etc)? Thanks

JDemaris
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: BF AVERY Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Uses the same engine as Oliver HG and OC3 crawlers.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.