Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvage yards in NE Arkansas/SE Missouri

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A GURU
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Salvage yards in NE Arkansas/SE Missouri Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi All, I'm going to be spending a few days in NE Arkansas and am wondering if there are any good tractor salvage yards in the extreme NE corner of the state, or SE Missouri/bootheel area.
I'm not looking for anything in particular, just want to browse and see what's out there. Hoping to find some with old 2 cylinder stuff, letter series, earlier the better.
When I lived there (25 years ago) there were a couple up around Sikeston MO. and I seem to remember one around Smithville AR.
Not sure if there are any of the old yards around anymore where you can just go walk the rows and see what's there, but hoping so.
Thanks for any feedback.

Ford9600farmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Salvage yards in NE Arkansas/SE Missouri Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I traveled that way about 3 years ago from southeastern ohio and in sikeston/miner there was two maybe three and im pretty sure they were in seeing distance from each other. one was worthington ag parts and one was all states ag parts i think, and bootheel was probaly 20 miles or so away from sikston. hope this helps you out.

wilamayb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Salvage yards in NE Arkansas/SE Missouri Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dewitt's in Sikeston used to have a few old pieces left. I'm unsure what they have now.

TDS101

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Salvage yards in NE Arkansas/SE Missouri Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Clinton MO might be a little far but I think there is like 40 acres of tractor parts there. Huge inventory, some on the shelf and some still hanging on the tractors, they will have almost anything you want with a combine yard down the road. It would be worth the drive if you were looking for something.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Salvage yards in NE Arkansas/SE Missouri Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I sure do miss "walking the rows"

Those were good times !

thurlow
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Salvage yards in NE Arkansas/SE Missouri Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Haven't been there since about 2000, but, as has already been mentioned, there usta be several salvage yards in Sikeston.

A GURU
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Salvage yards in NE Arkansas/SE Missouri Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all the feedback. I will see if I can make some time to check into it.
I thought I remembered that there were two real close to each other in Sikeston. I recall one that was full of row upon row of horsedrawn and early tractor drawn equipment, and many tractors just kind of scattered all through the machinery.
The kind of place where you just walk around looking,with a big smile on your face.

Don Whisler
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Salvage yards in NE Arkansas/SE Missouri Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hope I'm not too late. I was at the ones in Sikeston just a few months ago. There are several and yes, they are within a stones throw of each other. They are just outside of town on the east side. On a majot highway. but I can't remember the number. I had to stop and ask directions. If I can be of further help, e-mail me dwfarmerdon@yahoo.com and I'll get the maps out.
Also, forget the one in Smithville AR. They sold all their tractors a couple of years ago. Still have a very few junk pieces laying around,
plus some wheels and tires. They can order parts but I don't think that's what you are looking for.

A GURU
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Salvage yards in NE Arkansas/SE Missouri Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Don. You're not too late: )
That is kind of what I recalled as well. The highway is 61, and 60 runs east and west through town. Trying to make the time to run up there and check it out. Thanks as well on the tip about Smithville.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.