Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woods after market FELs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wile E
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to buy a Woods after market loader for my compact Deere diesel. The Deere price for the loader is $ 3,300. I have to assume that the Woods is several hundred bucks cheaper. Does anyone have a Woods after market FEL ? Any pros, cons to this? I called the dealer last week and he said about $3,300, that is the quick tatch unit.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Woods stuff is not all that cheap priced either.

I had a cub cadet compact and Woods built their loaders and backhoes at that time. I also had another Woods backhoe attachment and they were well built and worked fine.

Deere usually has one of the best setups for quick attach going. What model tractor ? You may luck out and find a good used loader for sale. Every so often I see one where someone bought a tractor and is selling the loader off it.
Deere has a habit of discontinuing their mounting brackets for attachments for older units fairly quickly so if not much difference I'd get the Deere unit while you still can.

Jim Tillson

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have several NOS Woods loaders with Q/C buckets. No brackets or valves. Located in Ct.

Wile E
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, but to far away.

Wile E
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Deere unit is 3,300 the Woods is $2,600. I have been trying to find a used loader, but......Hard to come by.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have nothing against Woods equipment.
But for $700 I'd go with the Deere set up. They usually have better quick mounting.

Maybe try and get your dealer to come down some and match the woods price.

What model do you have ?

Wile E
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got the 2305 compact.
$3,300 is tough to swallow.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hard to tell from a quick look on the net but a few things to check about are JD should have a very easy on and off system for the loader and bucket.
Woods looks pinned on.

Wile E
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 2 prices from different dealers,
$ 4,000 and 3,300.
A buddy of mine called a dealer near him and they wanted $ 2,700..........This looks promising. (This would be the Woods loader)

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you want the cheapest loader today? Or do you want the cheapest loader in the long term?

chevytaHOE5674
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neighbor has a woods loader on a ford 7710 and the build quality and construction are on par with all of the other loader manufactures I've seen and used. His is a quick attach loader and then he built his own quick attach bucket.

I wouldn't be concerned at all about a woods loader.

Wile E
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to buy a Woods loader for $600 less than Mother Deere. Nothing personal, just money.
The Woods loaders and other implements are good quality. I have a woods box blade.

larryanderson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had several loaders for resale.Woods makes good equiptment along Westendorf ,Miller ,Allied etc.and even if they are made better the JD will go first.

Wile E
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Woods after market FELs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a place 50 miles from me that will sell me a Woods loader for my tractor, $2700, $600 less than Mother Deere's loader. So it isnt the quick attach, oh well. I will likely never take it off anyway.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.