Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O/T Vanity License Plate

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redih55
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was wondering how many of you tractor guys have a vanity license plate on your pickup or car. Here is mine on my Ram truck.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not one that's state official,but you don't need a front plate here in Michigan so I made this one.

Tom in TN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In Tennessee you have to pay extra for vanity plates. There is no way, no how, uh-uh buddy, nada, can't do it, won't do it, that I will pay the government one more penny than I absolutely have to pay them.

Take your vanity plates and $%**@ them.

Tom in TN

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is yours supposed to be saying??? I am not good with acronyms. I am guessing by your handle it is the second vehicle of RED IH???

I will not pay extra for the personal plates myself but I have nothing against them either. Some are kind of cute/smart.

Chris Jones
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Personalized plates are too easy for people to remember--I prefer to ride incognito.

notjustair
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

75% of the vehicles around here have antique plates on them. In KS that means I never have to pay to renew tags. Pay for the plates and then just property taxes from then on. They even put one on the grain truck!

DoubleR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not about to pay the sorry state of Michigan anymore than I have too. Rear plate is standard issue. They don't require a front plate although they are thinking of a change. I have my own personalized plate of my own on the front.
Double R Farm.

oj
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Manitoba came out with plates last year for Fire Fighters... different colour and number style to regular and vanity plates... they also do ones for the local CFL team (Blue Bombers) and NHL Jets... just a money grab... i do however have a Fire Fighter one, Christmas present from the Fire Dept last year... it does look quite smart.

muleboss
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[/img]

farmerwithmutt
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i seen one going down the road i think they were trying to put there names on not a statment on marriage it was[ les joy]

pete black
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

in al. it cost an additional $50.00. standard issue cost is enough for me.

Jeff B.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In 1992 I won a brand new F150 4x4 extended cab pickup on a $1 lottery scratch ticket. I still have it, and from then on it's had plates that say "1 prize".

J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They get enough of my money now, without donating more. We used to have two license plates, and they cut back to one to save money. Now they want to go back to two, and change us more for the second one. It never ends.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have antique plates on one of mine. I think it's a 10 year renewal.
Problem is you can't drive them ANYWHERE except to and from
and antique show. Not even to work once in a while to run them.

Jack, I remember when we dropped to one plate, but I don't
remember them dropping the price we paid. Did they?

Paul from MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: O/T Vanity License Plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My summer ride is a 1956 M38a1 military Jeep I restored 10 years ago. I paid a one time fee(can't remember how much?) for my plate, which is "56M38a1". Now that I think about it, I stick out like a sore thumb anyway, don't know why I paid extra for the plate, but now I have it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.