Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

? about Direct TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
farmallstrong
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have Direct TV & it is locking up/or freezing the picture. This happens sometime 6to 10 times a day. At first it was only doing it on one channel, but now it's doing it on two channels. If you change channels and then go back to the frozen channel, you will either correct it or get a black screen. It affects the picture and the voice. I have checked all connections and they are all tight, and I have reset the box by pushing the red reset button on three separate occasions. I have also unplugged the unit from the electric in hopes that it would reset that way. Any help would be appreciated. This is tractor related because I watch RFD TV. Thank you.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine did that all summer. I guess it was the leaves on the trees just like the tech said it was when I called to complain back in about June.
That said,we had a terrible time with it about six or seven years ago doing the same thing. Took several calls to get through to somebody who'd listen,but apparently they can pull up on a screen and see exactly what you're seeing on yours. When the woman did that,she was apologizing all over the place. She sent out a tech and they installed all new equipment. New dish,cables,box,remote,the works,no charge and they threw in free HBO,STARS and ENCORE for three months.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Turn it off then pull the card out of the receiver then stick the card back in. Turn it back on and see if that helps. Some times they need to be not only reset but programing card pulled out and then back in to fix that type of thing

Chris English
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ours did the same thing recently. I unplugged the dvr for a few seconds and it hasnt happened again. Oh by the way, we have Dish network. A friend said the dvr is probably dying

dpendzic
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

call direct tv--they can test your receiver and check out the strength of your signal--- and can also reboot--they fixed mine from doing that

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you called them they have great service and your stuff from them is covered by them. They will replace.

js305
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check the menu and navigate to the setup part where the antenna strength is located. I don't know exactly where it is but it will tell you if the dish is aimed right. That is what it sounds like to me.

And, like the other poster said, make sure there isn't anything in front of the dish. I had bird droppings all over mine one time. Right on the LNB. Had to get up there and scrub it off.

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your antenna needs to be aimed. My antenna is mounted on a wooden post; I think the post twists as humidity changes, so I have to re-aim my antenna a couple of time each year.

This isn't hard to do. Hit the "Menu" button on your controller, then follow the menus to get to Setup. Pick "Satellite", then "View Signal Strength". It will go through the different transponders and report signal strength, which should be in the high nineties. When you hit a transponder with a low reading, pick "Signal Meters". It will stop on that transponder and give you a visual and audio indication of signal strength. Now you just have to adjust the antenna until you get the best possible reading.

It's best if you have a helper in the house to report the readings, but I've done it myself by calling my cell phone from the landline phone, and listening to the audio strength over the phone. You're trying to get the audio indicator to cheep as rapidly as possible. Adjust both azimuth and elevation, going back and forth. The adjustments may interact.

It's a good idea to mark your original position with a pencil or Sharpie before you start, as it's easy to knock the adjustment way out of whack once you loosen the locknuts.

J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just call them, they'll come out and check it out for you. No charge.

waltdavies
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine was doing that they came out when he touched the pickup it fell right off so he put up a new dish told some of the older ones had a week spot there.
Walt

bobs old iron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

even though i have dish, probably same thing, when i have it on the h-d channel, it freezes up, bring up program schedule, realizing it, i change to reg channel, no problem, because i don't have a hd-tv...

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: ? about Direct TV Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Push the red button - Wow, hadn"t seen that receiver in YEARS! Must be an old one. It may be time for a new one, but it does sound like your dish has moved just enough to knock it out of whack. Just call them! Very good to deal with, unlike Dish. My buddy has been waiting 2 weeks on Dish to come install his. Hes thinking of calling and cancelling.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.