Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Games U.S. bank plays

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandon j
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife just looked up are truck loan after paying. It 5 days early and we had a late fee what a crock of you know what. They said it was a prinsabal only payment and not a regular payment I am so mad I could spit nails I will be going to a local bank tommrow. What would you do?

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

brandon j wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:59:12 01/19/14) My wife just looked up are truck loan after paying. It 5 days early and we had a late fee what a crock of you know what. They said it was a prinsabal only payment and not a regular payment I am so mad I could spit nails I will be going to a local bank tommrow. What would you do?

First I would have read the contract to include the fine print.

Rick

casenut1
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doubt you get in at the bank.It's a holiday tomorrow. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Fudd
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They have always worked with me on any problem. Get your figures all together and call the main number Tuesday and state your case. Let us know if they make it right.

Hanky
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I finally got rid of US bank a couple years ago, would NEVER have anything to do with them again, went to the local credit union, you get to deal with real people, instead of a computerized phone system, got a car loan a few months ago on the same day.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like my small local bank. Real people that actually remember my name when I walk in. I haven't worked a loan with them, but I suspect I would be happy there.

Got married 9 years ago, wife came with a car note, upside down with a 17% tote the note high risk loan, just because she didn't know any better.

I got a 0% interest credit card offer, applied for it, put the car note on it and paid it off, being EXTREMELY careful to get every payment to them early!

I know, that was playing with snakes, but I pulled it off. Threw the card in the drawer, never used it again.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First I would look it up myself to be sure what it said.
Second, if they registered your payment 5 days early this time
and you still have a late fee then you're likely missing a payment
from last month or a previous month. They should show that.
If that is not your case, then I would pick up the phone and talk
to a human being at your bank.
If you bank at a big conglomerate with a local office, stop into
the local office. They'll take care of it and the fee. No worries.

PJH
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our local postmaster just told me the same story that you're telling. A local guy kept getting tagged for "late payments", even tho he was allowing a generous amount of time for the loan payment to reach it's destination. He started sending the payments by certified return receipt mail. Sure enough, the shyster outfit tagged him again for late payment, even tho he had a receipt in his hand showing they'd received it on time. He called them on it, and the spokesperson started stuttering and told him the late status would be dropped. Danged if they didn't try it again on the next months payment. So now he sends them all by certified return receipt. I think it costs something like $6 for that type of mailing. It really gripes me - they've gotten so greedy that now they're openly stealing from people, and getting away with it!

Brian G. NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So,......you"re saying, because the payment was on a date other than it"s actual due date, they applied it all to the principal and still considered the regular payment as being due?
Helluva presumption on their part I would say!!
I would also be raising he!! with "em on that.

Uncle Jed
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It"s a payment scam from the late 90"s or early 2000"s that got Providian, MBNA, and I think 2 other banks the largest fines ever at the time. I had a Providian card at the time and they would delay entering payments by up to 2 weeks in order to get late fees. I figured it out and called them. I went up the chain of command until I got one that admitted they were under investigation for their practices. I had a small balance, and they refunded all the late fees, paid off my balance, and closed my account. What tripped them up was the late fees were supposed to rotate to a different set of customers each month so most customers would just assume they were late and not worry about it. I got hit 5 or 6 months in a row and started fighting from the start. Here"s a link to the Providian case.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Heat-Is-on-Providian-to-Settle-Fraud-Probes-2770069.php

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Banks and post office are closed tomorrow so guess you have to wait till Tuesday

Brian Jasper co. Ia
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with First Iowa Community Credit Union in the mid 90's. I'd deposit my paycheck, then we would write checks on the money I had deposited. We kept bouncing checks right and left and couldn't figure it out at first. What was going on was they were taking a couple weeks to clear my paycheck that was written on an account from the same credit union. I had a heated argument with their accounting dept that ended up with "I'm going to complain to the state bank examiners". As soon as I said that, the manager stepped in and refunded every bounced check fee they had ever charged me.
As soon as you say "State Bank Examiner", you will have their undivided attention.
That said, the best way to pay your loans or credit cards is by phone. They probably prefer you to mail a check in with hopes it will set in a stack on somebody's desk and become late by the time they process it. By paying by phone, it's only your fault if you don't call on time.

js305
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ever since I got brave enough to do it online I have not had the issue with late charges. (Unless I forgot to push the button on the right day!!) I don't have it done automatically, just do it just like I would if I mailed it in, only online and save all the confirmation numbers, etc. Never have problems now.

bobs old iron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

make sure they are open, since it's m-l-k day.. i paid a loan on sat, the day due, got late charge, asked what the heck, sat depostis carry over to mon, making it late, asked who more stupid, you or the computer programer, close the banks if the computer doesn't work on sat...

Harvey2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Games U.S. bank plays Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They should do vhat the country of Iceland did, they put a lot of bankers in jail. Now the Anglo Irish Bank is starting to do the same in Ireland.

There are a handful of countrys getting rid of the banksters, Hungary, Iceland etc.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.