Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Injection pumps

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtx1967jewison
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if the Bosch/scintilla injection pumps on a 720/730 are the same as on an 820/830?
Thanks!
J

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes and no.
The 70,80 and green Dash 820 used 10mm pumps. The 720,730,black dash 820, 830 and 840 used 13mm pumps.
Injector tips varied with 5 and 6 hole units with 10 and 12 thou orifices.

JLF

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The pumps are the same except for the plunger followers on the bottom of the pump.

gtx1967jewison
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks! Do you happen to know anything about the 15mm
ones used in marine engines? Like where to find them Smile

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have wondered is the injection pump elements from old time large displacement industrial diesels would bolt into the Deere ?

gpuller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gtx1967jewison wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:00:46 01/23/14) Thanks! Do you happen to know anything about the 15mm
ones used in marine engines? Like where to find them Smile

They put 2 cyl diesels in boats?
There are guys out there that make what your looking for, but you'd better have some cubes to burn the fuel they deliver. 13.5mm's have to be weaned way down for a 720/30.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've wondered if the Z or C pump elements may be a drop in upgrade for a two cylinder Deere ? Don't know if JD uses the 12mm or 15mm stroke pump?

http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/injection/Bryce4.htm

I updated an A pump on a Petter diesel from 7mm to 8mm. Limited the 8mm delivery volume to the same as the 7mm's volume. Engine runs better with the injection event ending while the piston is higher in the bore.

Last edited by buickanddeere on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
gtx1967jewison@yahoo.com
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not 2 cylinders, but the pumps were the same design I am
told. I cannot find anyone that will divulge more info, not even
where to go or who/how, nothing. I have a stock R that I just
want more fuel, perhaps a few more horses & a better show at
the pulls. Can I just use 730 pumps & leave my stock
nozzles/injectors/pistons? Or do I need to bore it & change
pistons & injectors ? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
J

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gtx1967jewison@yahoo.com wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:14:51 01/25/14) Not 2 cylinders, but the pumps were the same design I am
told. I cannot find anyone that will divulge more info, not even
where to go or who/how, nothing. I have a stock R that I just
want more fuel, perhaps a few more horses & a better show at
the pulls. Can I just use 730 pumps & leave my stock
nozzles/injectors/pistons? Or do I need to bore it & change
pistons & injectors ? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
J

Stock HP will break the two bearing crank in a R. Best bet is to find a 820 blackdash and build it.
Cam,valve.port, inlet filtration and injection work will make 100+HP at stock rpms.

Gpower
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gtx, drop me a line, I can help you out.

gpuller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gpower wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:56:11 01/26/14) Gtx, drop me a line, I can help you out.

There you go. Good to see you MO! Gpower can help, he got me set up.
I don't drink the R crank breaking kool-aide. Plenty of high powered R's and nobody has a story to tell?

Gpower
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, me either, I know I was "cranking" out 88hp on the dyno at 560-570 pto rpm when the pto gears gave out. Any crankshaft can break.

gtx1967jewison
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

THANKS Gpower!
sincerely appreciated, i think i got an email sent off to you

Gpower
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, just replied.

Kent Petersen
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Injection pumps Reply to specific post Reply with quote

B&D i have heard that storey for years but can't find a body that will say he did have one brake i know a guy that has 2 Rs overboered to 730 pistions turning right at 100 HP and he has never broke acrank

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters