Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldwin racing
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For the people who are not friends with me on fb....her are a couple pics of what I did today after working on a atv.
pic 1 is when I was making the fuel tank mounts
pic 2 is the mounts all tig welded on the weight bracket.
pic 3 is the tank sitting in place
pic 4 is what it will look like completed...

let me know what you think?
Kelly

baldwin racing
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here is the 4th pic I uploaded on the last one but did not come up in post? lol
kelly

mark49
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice fab work Kelly. I wish I had half your welding skill. Keep the pictures coming!

Mark G.

baldwin racing
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you Mark, for the nice comment....
Next on the list is the stock fuel tank bracket/steering support brace.....stock cast one comes in off 1941 m at 32 lbs....lets see what I can get it down to....;)

Kelly

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what I think is that people shouldn't use yt as facebook,what you did is all fine and great and serves the same purpose as the brackets I made out of 1x1x1/8 angle iron 10 years ago, should I post pics too?

H-66
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As long as we don't start gettin selfies of the guys in their bathroom mirrors, this ain't nothing like facebook.

A.P.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good work. I like to see different pullers ideas and their execution.

baldwin racing
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know why you have to run negative comments? This is not fb that's why I posted them....If you want to post pics of your bracket go ahead you have the right to....
Kelly

forty40
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you also plan to mount the battery(s) up front as well? If so, race car battery mount kits from places like A & A Mfg, All Star, etc., work well for an 11" or shorter battery. Purchased as an un-welded kit, they can be trimmed to match the exact battery, then welded. Dave - Wellsville

Dave SE Mich
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I saw the pictures last night and was amazed at the workmanship, over the years I have always liked looking at pictures of modifications, hopefully everyone will keep posting. As a fan of tractor pulling I enjoy this forum.

Dave

Ebush

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keep the fab pics coming Kelly. hope more builders send also. fun to see what pullers are working on during this nasty winter. don't get discouraged. fab pics of build and machining is more of what this forum needs not negativity. thanks for sharing with us. doug

ktp600
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dboll wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:51:46 01/26/14) what I think is that people shouldn't use yt as facebook,what you did is all fine and great and serves the same purpose as the brackets I made out of 1x1x1/8 angle iron 10 years ago, should I post pics too?
the easyest way to fix your problem is to not look at these threads. I think its great to see these kind of ideas.

baldwin racing
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for all positive comments guys,
I will look into the battery box kit....a buddy of mine works at a maple product fab company and can get me some stainless sheet metal as well out of the scrap bin.....I could do a battery box out of that as well..

thanks again,
Kelly

awchevy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: mounted fuel tank on my front weight bracket today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Kelly. How much does that front weigh? Im in the process of doing the same but I'm thinking of scrapping the idea and building a aluminum one and putting my steel one on a buddies. Mines feeling a little heavier than I'd like.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters