Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pony or Pacer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennebunksawmill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if this is a Pony or a Pacer? I have it for sale and listed as a Pony and someone sent me an email and told me it was a Pacer. Is one more valuable than the other? It's a nice little tractor that runs fine, but it's not a show piece. thanks

kennebunksawmill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just researched the site, I would have to say it is the Pacer, it is the Y91 motor, side mounted hydraulics, live PTO, adjustable front axle and left and right brakes. I'm in Maine and have it in the photo add section.

Bob N.Y.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Live PTO ???

kennebunksawmill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes, live pto, push clutch in 1/2 way, you can shift but pto keeps turning, push clutch in all the way and everything is dissengaged (transmission and pto)

Always

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Without closer exam I would say it's a Pony. Has a pony seat and doesn't look long enough for a Pacer.

Jason1Pa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its a Pony. Has some interesting add on though

chuck41
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, I agree that it is a Pacer. Slight diff in the length and the 91ci engine and the Pony is
62ci. Chuck

kris Jensen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks like a pony ( has a pony seat) The pacer seat was rectangular, and padded with a backrest. The pacer is six inches longer and has a larger motor, though they look the same. It looks like it has been modified at some time. Might be a pony with a pacer engine and front end. The hydraulics look to be pacer. Serial number should tell you what it is. If it is a pacer somebody put on a pony seat.

kris Jensen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ps tp previous message.. I have a pony and it does not have live pto. If yours has it is a very unique tractor that someone modified. If it was mine I would keep it.

Ray Mitchler

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have it listed for sale as a 1950 model, if that is correct it would be a Pony , Pacers were not sold until 1953.

john65
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony or Pacer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it"s a pony the pacer has the distributor on top of the head under the hood. i have both a pony and pacer. that is a add on hydraulic system.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.