Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A GOOD Harbor Freight story.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OliverGuy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's not about tools, oops, but I used the 25% off coupon on a remote controlled battery airplane they have. I went in there to buy a couple of electric disconnects that I've had good luck with and saw the airplane. It let me and the kids put it together and follow instructions, and then it's a BLAST to fly!!! I know, I know, the place has some crud, but just wanted to share a good one!

Jiles
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OliverGuy wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:09:04 01/30/14) It's not about tools, oops, but I used the 25% off coupon on a remote controlled battery airplane they have. I went in there to buy a couple of electric disconnects that I've had good luck with and saw the airplane. It let me and the kids put it together and follow instructions, and then it's a BLAST to fly!!! I know, I know, the place has some crud, but just wanted to share a good one!

"It let me and the kids put it together and follow instructions, and then it's a BLAST to fly!!!"

That's what's most important --even if it only last a little while!!

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

complete remote or fly by wire?

what model?

price?

Chris Jones
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only 2 possibilities
HF Air Planes

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

p51 looks neat!

Chris Jones
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Agreed, but if I'm not mistaken it cost twice as much, fly's 1/2 as long and takes longer to charge up when done than the other one.

I'd have loved one as a kid. I can't rightly see myself enjoying one around here now as it has to stay in line of sight of me. Either I want to be flying myself or I want one controlled via cell phone and on board cameras--but I think that'd be called a drone and it's use restricted.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

then you'd want it to deliver packages too!

Chris Jones
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Smile

OliverGuy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was the yellow one in the post below. I think it was on sale for that price and then I used the 25% off coupon too. It is wireless. It didn't like the hard left I took into the maple tree. Oops. Had to do a little wing repair! Flew more after that though! Guess I better stick to driving on the ground. Kids are asking to fly it again so it must be fun.

big a
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought the Yellow Bee too, after our oldest boy found it at HF one day. Didn't take much convincing, since it looked like fun to me too!
Had fun flying it a few times, but eventually crashed it. Figured there'd be tears, but the crash was his favorite part. Waiting for windless days here in NE is pretty much a waste of time.

Last edited by big a on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
big a
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Crash site pic

howdy1960
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SWMBO would kill me 1st time I buzzed the horses and then I'd have to fix fences LMFAO

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2 years ago I got an airplane for grandkid. Remote. only had 2 controls, speed of left and speed of right engine. I took it back and got a helicopter. Works better if you have limited space.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

them choppers look neat. looks to have 2 top blades.. do they counter rotate?

T in NE
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: A GOOD Harbor Freight story..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As long as it's still within visual range I think you'd be OK. They have camera kits you can fit onto RC planes.

I got my beginner Piper Cub off the ground one day. It did OK when it landed in a cedar, but then I got it up a little too high, and it didn't fare so well bucking a 25 MPH headwind. I almost had it on the ground when I messed up throttle modulation and dropped it on its tail. Still have to get the second one airborn.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.