Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

truck tires

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking to replace tires on a 2011 GMC 2500. Has the Firestone Transforce HT tires it left the factory with, size 245/75/R17. Plan is to stick with this size of tire. Looking for suggestions and opinions on a good all-terrain tire. Something that will last, quiet on the road yet does well in the dirt, snow and mud.

LeonardWD45
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always put BF Goodrich radial ta's on mine. Expensive but worth it and made in America.

Leonard

JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Copper AT3's.

Bought cheap($800) from Orschlens unmounted. 265/75-17 for Ford F150.

Been on for about a year or roughly 15,000 miles. Rotated once. Quiet on the road, but plenty of tread pattern for dirt/mud/snow.

Zero complaints. Will buy them again when they wear out.

Had BFG A/Ts on my old Toyota. Could NOT wear them out. Little pricey though.

redih55
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've always had good luck with the Firestone Trans Force tires. I feel that they are lot better than some of the other tires that are out there.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of the heavy duty Ford company vans I drove, I put Michelan Heavy duty truck tires. Changed the drive and handling of that truck like you couldn't beleave!

DBAF
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We run the transforce both ht and at. I got 80k out of a set of the ht's I took off this fall but you could see the air.

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put the Firestone transforce AT on my f250, I'm happy with them, my brother put cooper tires on his f250, he's also happy with those.

wijim
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All we run is the transforce firestones on all our company trucks. They are a great high millage all around tire. We are in the mud and we plow a lot of snow.Jim

RandyB(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree on the Cooper AT 3,s or even the AT,s which are a little less cost. Quiet ,great ride , excellent grip and wear and made here in USA (so far)

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just put some General Grabber AT2 s on my pickup, only been on a couple thousand miles of below zero driving so not much of a test, but deep tread, quiet on the highway. Happy so far.

Paul

Bob M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've had Grabber AT2's on my F250 for a couple years. I too am happy with them, and for the same reasons.

Rich Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had General Grabber AT2s on the last truck, I liked the tires but wasn"t sure how they would be for a daily driver. I"ll give them another look.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with you, bf Goodrich all terrain TA, or Mickey Thompson mtz, but the Mickey Thompson tires are very spendy.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll second the Michelin motion. Tried lots of brands, nothing in particular. Put a set of Michelins on, just a 1/2 ton Silverado, but made that wore out truck drive better than when it was new! One other benefit, they've been on 18 months now, only had to add air one time!

Bought them from Tire Rack, no tax, no disposal fee.

Ray
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: truck tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 2010 had the same tires,that's what I replaced them with at 70000.Cost around 800 bucks.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters