Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

88 with cummins 5.9?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Carter

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it possible to put a 5.9 cummins in a 88 or 880 frame? Will it fit?

jasinpa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i dont think it will fit that frame , beside that 6B cummins is alot heaver engine, a good 1000 lbs if i remember right, about twice the waulksha, so will that front end take the wieght or frame, for that matter will the trans take it , 100+ HP in a tractor built for 50 , but anything is possible with the right amount of cash , i noticed there are 3 olivers here in central PA for sale on Harrisburg craigs list that already have cummins engines installed 2 - 1755 & i think other is an 1850 wants 6K each , good deal considering everyone on here claims youll get over 5k in a repower

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If an M Farmal trans will stand up to a 5.9 an 88 surely should for pulling. I guess if I had a 5.9 laying around I would put it into something else like the 64 F250 Ford I have.

88 Diesel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes It can be done, you have to remove a lot of cast iron.

greg oliver
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey 88 Diesel- Was that tractor built at Bob Cole's farm? I wanted to check it out with my son sometime, he lives across the road from Bob's brother Tom. Thanks, Greg

88 Diesel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes Chris and I built this tractor. It is up there right now waiting for a little more work.

greg oliver
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My parents farm was just up platner brook,I was at Rich Blackman's and we were talking about your tractor.I saw you at Raging brook pull,you had a 310 I think.I live in same town as Dave Chase I also was asking him about your tractor last year.Funny how small the world is sometimes.Good luck. Greg

Tony Carter

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would it be possible to get a number so we could talk,88 Diesel. Thanks Tony

88 Diesel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure, 607 435-7352
Craig

Bryce
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ive got one laying around,its going in a41 mack.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm never lucky enough to find them before they are sold. We thought about putting a 354 Perkins in it. Are you guys going to Sigourney? I'm not sure yet, I think the guy I usually go with in his truck is full. It's over 400 miles from here so fuel won't be cheap if I take my Dodge. Waiting to see what the weather does if it's going to stay cold like they are talking that will affect my decision also.

88 Diesel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I received a message but when you called I didn't have service, so I don't have your number on caller ID to call back.
Craig

formenwhogrow
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: 88 with cummins 5.9? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now you're talkin'.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.