Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

difference between h and hv

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rat in nb
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: difference between h and hv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an h and seen super h,s around but I have never seen or heard of a hv until I got ih manual so what is the difference

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: difference between h and hv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HV is a high crop model with a tall wide front and drop boxes on the rear axles. Google it for pictures.
Zach

Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: difference between h and hv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No need to Google, there is a link to photos on the left of us here.
Janicholson

Rat in nb
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: difference between h and hv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

so the v is for vertical ha ha

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: difference between h and hv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think it is for vegetable, but I could be mistaken.
Zach

Mike Androvich
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: difference between h and hv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Big difference is in the value!

Loren in WI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: difference between h and hv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a HV is a high clearance tractor. The V stands for vegtable. They only made around 850 or so of the HV. The super HV is very rare and collectable. I believe less than 250 where built. They all have a special wide front end. The rear has a drop axle with a big chain in it. Special draw bars also.

Dr.EVIL

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: difference between h and hv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guy Fay's IH Tractor data books says 863 HV's and only seventy SHV's built. I thought I read someplace in RPM that 77 SHV's were built but I know Guy has researched this more than I have.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.