Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

moline plow model?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OliverNate
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bought this moline plow on auction yesterday and would like to know what model number it is? Also I believe this is an Oliver built plow as well? its a 4-16 2 point hook, hydraulic cyl. mounts towards the front. Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest but I won't be able to get it off my trailer for quite a while

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe they were the "S" series plows. Cant remember off hand if they were 600 or 700 series, Id have to look in my literature to be sure. Do you have any more pictures of the front where it mounts to the tractor or top view of that area? The reason I ask is it looks to have a box channel iron on the top center part. I think the later 1960s Olivers had those. The mid 1960s ones didn't have that. Nice looking plow. I wouldn't mind finding one for my G950.

NY 986
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like an Oliver 565 which were made in the late 1960's.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had one like it, don't remember the model number, was 4-16's on a 670, then dad added another bottom to use it with a AC 7030.

MMDan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like an S 600 with the spring trip bottom option. It has the MM 619 bottoms which are different than the Oliver plows. Good plow. I have 2 of them.

OliverNate
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hows this?

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes that is what I was wondering about. The previous models in about mid 1960 didn't have that set up with the square channel in the center or the larger end plate on the main frame. Ive never seen one in the MM version before even if it is Oliver. I have an Oliver plow, I think a 1972 model that is similar to what you have but is solid square pipe. The later White plows were similar to what you have. Nice find.

J. W. Schwiebert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes it is an Oliver plow. What are the dimensions for the backbone.

J. W. Schwiebert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the difference between a MM 619 and an Oliver 619 bottom?

MMDan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know if there is a difference except that I do know that you have to be careful to check the bolt pattern and bolt size carefully when buying new shares as there are two that are very close to the same. Most of the Oliver plows from the mid 60's plows that I have seen around here (SE Nebr.) have a shorter and deeper moldboard than the MM plows. I bought an Oliver plow for the 5th bottom to add to my MM plow and had to change both the frog and moldboard to a 619 from an MM plow to match.

MMDEL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is just one bolt that is different. It is about a half a hole off.Just take a torch and shave it approx 1/4 '' to elongate the frog and both shares will fit. The other difference is the MM plow has a longer hitch to eliminate plugging. The first coulter is not mounted on the 3Pt crossbar.
MMDEL

MMDEL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is just one bolt that is different. It is about a half a hole off.Just take a torch and shave it approx 1/4 '' to elongate the frog and both shares will fit. The other difference is the MM plow has a longer hitch to eliminate plugging. The first coulter is not mounted on the 3Pt crossbar.
MMDEL

MMDEL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry for the duplications. After I submited, the page would not leave the screen. I kept hitting submit but no action. MY COMPUTER????
MMDEL

Last edited by MMDEL on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total
MM RTI
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a picture of the Oliver 565, note no square tubing attached to the hitch.

MMDEL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: moline plow model? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's exactly what I was talking about.

MMDEL

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.