Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is wrong with this picture?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian60950
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had one rim replaced & the other needed a new inner tube.

I got home & took this picture with my phone. I didn't even notice something's wrong until I was looking at this picture on my laptop a few minutes ago.

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty crappy tire jumps out !

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Oh, you wanted one for each side?" LOL

Den N Ms
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One tire, or the other is mounted backwards.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well you can still use them that way just one tire will sit out wider then the other one. That is why when I do tires I mark the rims as per direction of rotation

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I expect that if you take them back they will change one no charge.

Jerry9N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe they thought the 'N' is for NASCAR, and you only turn
left?

Jerry

Brian60950
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Den N Ms wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:10:43 03/04/14) One tire, or the other is mounted backwards.

Yes.

Now we can argue over which one is backwards. Very Happy

I say it's the left one.

Oh wait, ... we can also argue whether the left rim is the new one or if it's the older one. Very Happy

Gonna have to take it back over there tomorrow & have 'em swap it around & hopefully they won't stab my inner tube taking it off.

mhb@ufe
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One tire is for going forward and the other tire is for going backwards.

Mark

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quit whining, now you can go both directions with equal traction and speed!

Rik

Woodchuck
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One for forward and one for backing up!

Brian60950
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took 'em back & rolled both wheels into the shop so I could hold them up side-by-side, valve stems facing inward as they're mounted on the tractor & showed 'em the rotation direction arrows on the tires & they swapped one of them around.

Stupid tire shops in Indiana that have the Rimguard ballast can't get to them til next week so tomorrow I'm gonna haul them way out into the middle of nowhere to some tiny town that's not even on the map. Stockland, IL. Zoom in on Google Maps & it doesn't even show the name of the town.

Snow on the road, back-roads the whole way. Two-wheel drive S-10, ... 60 miles each way, this oughta be fun.

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's what I was thinking!

Colin

heybusdriver
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What is wrong with this picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe your on your way to putting duels on the
back for added traction. Just get another 2 and
put them on the other direction.

Stan
9N 222933
2N with 8N motor 8N345567
8N 146710
8N 179555
8N 197904
8N 199000
8N 254079
8N 362039

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.