Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who can tell me about 7580 Allis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce from Can.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Who can tell me about 7580 Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fella I know has a7580 Allis, that he no longer needs , and would like to part with. Are they any good? Are there any parts that give out , and are no longer available? Did they have an Allis engine , or some other Diesel? Real interested to learn what I can , as this looks like a cheap tillage tractor , but I know nothing about them. Any , and all input welcome ,Thanks. Bruce

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Who can tell me about 7580 Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have no experience with them. Hopefully someone will come along who has.

The engine is the same basic engine in the venerable D21, pushed as far as they dared, I guess. They got a power rating with speed, which doesn't excite me.

But if you know the owner and the tractor, that would mean more to me than anything.

Best of luck.

CDN 400
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Who can tell me about 7580 Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bruce,if for some reason you don't buy that tractor let me know I have a friend that is an Allis guy and we live in southern On. as well.

Harry in Ky
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Who can tell me about 7580 Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Worked on a few of them back when the were still fairly new. Weak points I remember - engine, for openers. Hopped up 426 ci. with high RPM, extra fuel, turbo, intercooler, piston coolers. Not known for great lifespan as I recall. Pivot joints were a problem as well. Then the famous PTO driveline. Poorly situated(in my opinion) with a CV joint directly between the pivot joints and operating at 2700 RPM. Even with frequent greasing, they had a limited lifespan. They were around $1200 or so back then.

ajco
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Who can tell me about 7580 Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Igot 1 in 1981. approx. 9000 hrs. now.Not used much last 8 yrs. have 350 hp. Steiger to dowork now &most of farm is rented out. 1st replace crank balancer on crank pulley & every 1500 hrs. ( breaks crank when it goes bad)I have only replaced u joints once. reduce engine speed to 1500 ^ it willprobably last along time. Should have awater filter.5193585194

ajco
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Who can tell me about 7580 Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sorry= that engine speed should be 2500

Harry in Ky
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Who can tell me about 7580 Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm sorry too. The engine speed SHOULD be more like 2250 or 2300, but that's not what the "engineers" decided. Rated speed at full load is 2550, and high idle is 2750.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.