Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

611 ignition key, where to order one?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcweber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I left the key in my stuff for years till one time a neighbor who never talks to me came by and could not find me but decided the key being in my skid loader and me not using it meant he could go ahead and take it and leave a note that he did. Anyhow, so I have been taking the keys out more. Well long story short now for the life of me I cant find the old key for the 611B. Are those old Case tractor keys all the same and if so, where can I order one?

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

does it look like this? it could have a different style as well

pcweber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, but that is just like my big mower and old IH skid loader key.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IIRC most 611b tractors took the split type key with 2 prongs that fit into the switch, I think our dealership has new in stock as we stock most keys. The one shown is the "Indak" key and was used by numerous manufacturers and is common in new unit to this day.

Call 570 435 2921 and ask for Denny, explain what you have and he will look it up. Hopefully no one has transplanted a non standard or universal switch in place of the stock one.

mEl

pcweber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes mEl, your description sounds spot on. thanks

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that would have been the next one mEl thanks I could not think how to describe it

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

pcweber wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:43:36 03/23/14) Yes mEl, your description sounds spot on. thanks

Mel's description is that of a common key to Massey also.

pcweber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually, if you mean split down middle that is not it. My Case key if I recall was like an "F" with both bars of the "F" being the same length, not a longer end bar and shorter middle bar. That make sense/ sound familiar?

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

like this one?

pcweber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no pic/ cant see it?

pcweber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK, can now see it. No, that is actually functionally cut the same as the first one you posted. Mine is like an "F" with one side all flat.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is it curved if you look at it from the end? I am NO drawer but some thing like this?

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case Nutty 1660 wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:40:45 03/23/14) is it curved if you look at it from the end? I am NO drawer but some thing like this?

G15470 should be the key number if the switch has not been changed out, you can look it up on Case ag parts and blow up the page and get a look at it. That is the key I recall for those tractors.

mEl

pcweber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK, here is my turn at drawing it from what I recall.

pcweber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 611 ignition key, where to order one? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

anther try at the pic... This look familiar?

Last edited by pcweber on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.