Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

162 163 continental motors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Massey farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the difference between a 162 continental motor from a massey harris 30 and a f163 continental motor out of a welder? I need a motor for a massey Harris 30 and found a f163 continental for sale on craigslist off a welder. Will that bolt up?

bp4455
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the industrial motors usually had more compression and higher power ratings. should bolt in with your mounts

Massey farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, I read somewhere about holes in the end of the crank where pilot bearings are might be different? Would you know about that?

Mike in Mn.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one I did years ago, the crank did not have a hole drilled for a pilot bushing, I made up a bushing to fit inside the flywheel like the 44 used and cut the nose off the clutch shaft.

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might be a different crankshaft specifically for a welder. I'm guessing an SA200 Lincoln. A welder repair shop like Bill's Welder Repair could tell you. Just send them an e-mail.

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located? I have a good running MH 30 engine in Indiana I would part with.

Tramway Guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

F163 was updated version of F162. There were so many versions made for different applications it would be hard to tell whether it would fit unless you had them side by side.

Massey farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Western ny, how bad would shipping be?

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a friend who ships engines by Fastenal, is there a store near you? Not sure about cost, do have a store from me 10 miles away.

Massey farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup, close by in Avon, NY. What do you want for the motor and how do we find out what it will cost to get it here?

MH55
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 163 crank will need to be modified for clutch pilot. Also the industrial engines can have different arrangements for side covers, oil fills and such. It can be made to fit, but may not be a direct bolt in affair. Where are you located in Avon, I may be interested in old 162 if it's not to far gone, and I'm just down the road in Liecester... Email is open, send me a message.

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will try to ask about shipping at Fastenal after work. Will start the tractor again this weekend, has not run since December. If you like call me about 9 PM tonight, five seven four, eight nine three, four one seven two. This tractor still has the original 11x38 tires, about 75% tread, so I know it has not done much work.

Massey farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok

Massey farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: 162 163 continental motors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey, I called 3 times this weekend, maybe your number is wrong?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters