Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Bringing a 4-210 home, hope she works out!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OliverGuy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Bringing a 4-210 home, hope she works out! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I posted on the main board the other day what to look out for. Always wanted one of the White articulated tractors. Found a 4-210 not far away, runs and looks great and the price was fair. Anything I should really look into on these? This one has a rebuilt 3208 with a turbo. Not sure if that's good or bad. I'll take an easy on it if you think it will grenade the 3 speed, tranny or rear end. Did a 4-225 get beefed anywhere to make it a lot more stout than a 210? Can't wait to put it on my big field cultivator and see the John Deere guys chuckle! Gotta give them something to talk about.

2-stroke DD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Bringing a 4-210 home, hope she works out! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 4-225 has a little stronger o/u in it then the 4-210. The 4-210 before S.N. 275964 used 3/8 bolts in the front drive shaft flange and trans input flange the later ones used 1/2 bolts . A lot of the older ones were changed to the larger size since they had a tendency to break. As far as I know That was the main differences between the two. I have been running a 4-225 for several years now and it has proven to be very reliable.

2-stroke DD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bringing a 4-210 home, hope she works out! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I forgot to mention the 4-225 also has an extra O/U cooler mounted in front of the main one.

jordan hackman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bringing a 4-210 home, hope she works out! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we have been using a 4-210 for a long time and we do all the field work with it, ours can handle a 38ft cultivator alright. however we do plan to turbo charge sometime. your tractor should run alright for you, in fact i was told by a guy who worked for white that a good running 4-225 could out pull a 4-270.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bringing a 4-210 home, hope she works out! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could maybe out pull a factory 4-270 but the 4-270 you can turn up to 350 pretty easy, a guy by us used to have one he pulled a 7 shank v ripper with which was pretty impressive with our heavy black dirt, we pull two 7 shanks with a 9400t Deere and 435 case ih. One that'd be cool to have is one of the very few 4-325 think there was only around 5 or 6 made and if I remeber right one burnt up and I think two are around Charles city Iowa.

OliverGuy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bringing a 4-210 home, hope she works out! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, i'm going to check the ser #. I think it might be an older one... Man does it sound good and looks to be taken care of. I'm hoping for the best!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters