Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Help ID AC 14' wheel disk (pics)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Help ID AC 14' wheel disk (pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a 14' AC wheel disk. While disking one of the gangs locked up. I have no idea what model it is and cannot find a DATA tag any place. Some help?

Thanks
Rick

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Help ID AC 14' wheel disk (pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 2000 series was made 1961-1969, and by the looks of the decal, I"m thinking it was from that era....same decal as 80S mower has. 2000 did have a 13 1/2 foot model, and was made during the D series tractors. 200 would be the previous series (WD45/D series time), and they made a 214 at 13 1/2 feet. Series 200 were made 1957-1966. My first AC disc was older, but had the same miserable cast/malleable standards as are on yours. I remember rumors that those bearings were NLA. They were unique.

David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Help ID AC 14' wheel disk (pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For comparison, see picks of what was decided by the form to be a 200 series disk.
Untitled URL Link

David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Help ID AC 14' wheel disk (pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure if this works for 2000 series disc, but this post helped us re-do the bearings on our 213.
Untitled URL Link

David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Help ID AC 14' wheel disk (pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last link, agco parts book (sorry for the three links, but don't know how to do 3 links in one post, if its even possible).
Untitled URL Link

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ID AC 14' wheel disk (pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Dave and JMS. Got it apart today and it looks like I have one bad bearing and a bad shaft. I'm going to try to press the shaft straight and build up the areas that are rounded, then grind back into the hex shape. I do need one new disk blade for that gang but I don't know if the still bake blades that will work on a hex shaft. Going to have to look into it.

Thanks again. I will post an update as soon as I know anything.

Rick

Allis Dave
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ID AC 14' wheel disk (pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks like a couple of your gangs are loose.
Better check all the bearings and tighten up the
gangs while you're at it. It looks like that disc
has the old balpak bearings. $300 each from AGCO or
you have to rebuild them

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ID AC 14' wheel disk (pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Allis Dave wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:47:29 05/13/14) It looks like a couple of your gangs are loose.
Better check all the bearings and tighten up the
gangs while you're at it. It looks like that disc
has the old balpak bearings. $300 each from AGCO or
you have to rebuild them

There are some more problems I found with it. Some of the parts needed are NLA and I have to finish tillage to try to get crops in between rains. Yea the 300 bucks a bearing is steep and I have a couple of broken blades that the dealer isn't sure he can even get. I really don't have time to fool with it. I'm just going to replace it.

Rick

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters