Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Medican mail order

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldj
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are those meds online safe? Are they the same stuff or just a fraud. They are a lot cheaper and that kinda makes me wonder. I think they are all from someplace other than USA. I've heard they are the same made by same companies. If so why cheaper.

IH2444
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Many/most of our meds are made out of the USA. And a majority of the ingredients used to make them come from China.

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went to an Urgent Care place once and they gave me meds that were made in Syria, of all places.

Buster
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife gets her insulin from a place called hawthorne. I think
it is in Kentucky. They ship it overnight in a cold pack. Same
exact thing that she gets at walgreens.

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We used to buy from Canada RX.com before we had a med card.

Cas
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I worked in the drug industry. Many precursors of drugs and drugs are sourced worldwide. Due to the consolidation of the industry many companies are not based in the USA.
When I reach the donut hole in my insurance I buy from the Canadian Pharmacy in British Columbia. My generics come India buy way of Germany. Quality is excellent. Prices are about what my copays are. India equivalent of our FDA
is very good.
Negative publicity is funded by the drug industry lobby. One of biggest lobbies in Washington.
Stay away from drugs made in China and Eastern Europe.
If you think your local pharmacy stocks all USA made products, ask your pharmacist. The shelves look like the make up of the United Nations.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The plan that I am on I can buy online or through drug store for same price ( online & drug store are owened by same company). I hit donut hole in Sept. last year and only had $200.00 out of pocket to end of year.I have notice the meds. are made all over the world and some of med are made overseas for some of our American based companies.

IH2444
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep the very same drug made in the same factory is sold in other countries for a tenth of what it is sold here for.

JRSutton
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

depends on what the drug is - and how much your
life depends on it.

Don't ever trust out of country quality control.

If you're taking something for headaches - try it.
but if you're taking something to keep your hear
ticking, don't even think about it.

by the time you find out you've been taking sugar
pills it'll be too late to complain.

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a couple of meds I get from Northdrugstore. Dr says they
are working... And I save lots of money.

IH2444
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JRSutton wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:39:57 06/05/14) depends on what the drug is - and how much your
life depends on it.

Don't ever trust out of country quality control.

If you're taking something for headaches - try it.
but if you're taking something to keep your hear
ticking, don't even think about it.

by the time you find out you've been taking sugar
pills it'll be too late to complain.

You do realize don't you that around 1/2 of the medications sold in this country are made in out of country factories. That includes single source patented medicines which have no generic yet. If you are taking many drugs it is almost guaranteed that you are taking drugs manufactured offshore.

IH2444
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last drug company producing antibiotics in the USA closed in 2004.

Last edited by IH2444 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cas
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another thing Drugs in US pharmacies that are sourced outside of the country, is if they are generic the percent is North of 50%. Also, the quality control is done outside of the USA. Very little is assayed unless the FDA get a complaint.
That could be more than few months after you take your prescription.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a company called MEDICAN. They sell marijuana.

IH2444
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Medican mail order Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mkirsch wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:34:01 06/06/14) There is a company called MEDICAN. They sell marijuana.

Is that domestic or imported marijuana?
I only buy domestic.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters