Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D-14 Asparagus Model??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anderson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: D-14 Asparagus Model?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did Allis Chalmers ever make a D-14 Asparagus model?? A friend said they know of one, but I've never heard of one.
How do you tell the difference? If there is such a thing, I'm guessing it's taller? By how much??

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: D-14 Asparagus Model?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They did make a few D14 hi-crops. Scarce as hens' teeth now, and valued accordingly.

Anderson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: D-14 Asparagus Model?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant D12. Did they make a D12 Asparagus model? How would one know if they have one?

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: D-14 Asparagus Model?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was a high clearance D12 sold at Beilers about 15 years ago

Tim Giangiobbe
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: D-14 Asparagus Model?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would rather have a Hoyt Clagwell

Anderson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: D-14 Asparagus Model?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How much higher would a high clearance model be? Would it be pretty obvious?
What made this D12 go for such good money? I didn't think a normal D12 would be so valuable?
http://aumann.marknetlive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/2473/lot/242553/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F2473%2F%3Fpage%3D1%26key%3DD12%26cat%3D%26xclosed%3Dno

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: D-14 Asparagus Model?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That one is a series 3 fully restored, hence pricey. Second half of
the equation is that large numbers of people with more dollars,
than sense tend to congregate at "one color " auctions.
I don't think there were asparagus or potato versions of D 10's and
12's, because they were the smallest of the D series. Check
Swinford's book, there might be a definite answer there, I just don't
have it handy, tonight...

Anderson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: D-14 Asparagus Model?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So, I forgot I have Wendel's Allis Chalmers book. Rolling Eyes It says the D12 was built in a standard and high-clearance model.
Now how would a person know if they have one? I would think it would be pretty obvious. But maybe not?

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: D-14 Asparagus Model?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've seen a couple, think they have 36" tires on the rear and the front spindles are taller than the regular ones.Definitely not hard to spot if one is familar the least bit with a standard D12.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: D-14 Asparagus Model?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty pricey to me especially since it has the wrong wheels on the front and no High/low range but
no better place to set the price of something than at auction corn,wheat,copper,stocks,bonds and many things have their price set every day at auction.What anything is 'worth' is what someone is willing to pay for it on that day

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.