Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

John Deere 214 w Bailer only tying on 1 side

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanneboFarm
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: John Deere 214 w Bailer only tying on 1 side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm posting on behalf of my neighbor, he's an older guy and doesn't have access to the internet.

His John Deere 214w bailer is apparently only tying the wire on one side. I've ordered the manual for it but won't have it for a couple days. Thanks for any clues.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 214 w Bailer only tying on 1 side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it a 214W or 214WS? 2 totally different tying systems. Is it breaking the wire or just not tying? Are ALL wire guide rollers turning freely with no flat spots worn in rollers? I would suggest for starters to pour some oil(new or used) on the wire in the boxes as wire manufacturers are skimping on oiling new wire.

DanneboFarm
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 214 w Bailer only tying on 1 side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's a 214w, I'll pass along the info, thanks for the reply!

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 214 w Bailer only tying on 1 side Reply to specific post Reply with quote

214 W tie a bale with a twist on each end of bale. It uses tying boxes similar to JD 114W/116W balers instead of twister hooks similar to most wire balers. I know very little about W only type baler tying system except they caused the story to start about wire balers leaving pieces of wire in the hay

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters