Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got the 1660s out....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got two of the 1660s out to wash and do some repair
before wheat harvest. Probably a couple weeks yet.

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great machines!! 52" all the way through, in their day, nothing would match them!!

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a good crop Steve, can't wait to see a few pics of them in action. Ah what the heck, a short video would satisfy us also, hint, hint.

cshess
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey you need to paintthat green primer paint in front the right color

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like to show the JD guys their equipment will run on any machine. Makes the custom harvest guys look when they go by.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well that might not happen, don't think my old flip phone will do movies. Kinda been short on rain but did pick up .75 a couple days ago. I think DKase is getting all the rain south of me.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve, the two "Flagships" look Great and eager to get to the job at hand! It looks like you are pretty close to time as I am on my Oats, the Barley may be a bit sooner, have you talked to Brad and is he cutting yet? Love the pics have a great harvest
cnt

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

been "tuning" on my 1660 and cleaned the cab

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The lever on the brake lock...factory or add on and what is the Smith-Roles attachment? I have a shaft monitor in the one machine that monitors 4 different functions.It is made by Smith-Roles. Haven't seen hide not hair of Brad.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the lever is add on, the S&R is a grain monitor, the original and PO really Loved CASE combines, he bought 6 new 1660's from 67-69, this one is the last he bought, it has 20' header he bought new in 71, I would guess he was running the 19' unit on it before from a previous machine, here is another of his ad's, I have never been completely sure of what it was, a ash tray/oil can holder? no way to be sure, it did not have ash in it nor has the cab ever smelled like he smoked, even though it was ordered with a cigar lighter but looks to have seen little use, it did have some oil residue when I got it but I have no idea what can would hang on it and be out of the way. he went to the trouble of painting it DS, this machine also has a header ride cylinder on it, that is really NICE!

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice. From time to time I think I see addresses of casecollectorsc and casecollectorsd. Is that right or am I "seeing things".

Any of you people going to be at the show near Jordan, MN (Scott-Carver Threshermen"s gathering) featuring Case ? I see the Northland Collectors plan to be there. I live somewhat nearby and plan to try to make it over on Friday the 1st.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

casecollectorsc is the handle I use. Not saying I haven't fat fingered a time or two.

Straw Boss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here I am! My wheat is a few weeks off yet also.
I've been beating the pavement to gather up a few recent additions. Got my grain hauler so I can join the Case Custom Harvesters crew. Also picked up my rollover plow along the way. Passed by Houston's place this morning when I left Sturgis. I think his herd is reproducing nicely. LOL

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brad, those are great finds for sure!! You still had room you could have swung by and picked up a rake frame and shot the breeze, you were pretty close lol
cnt

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Got the 1660s out.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where in the blue blazes did you find the Chev and Case auger wagon??? Should be no reason for a slow down haulin at harvest from now on!!! Love em both!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.