Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Utu fan belt part number

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1948 mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Utu fan belt part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am lookin for a fan belt for my 1947 utu. I ordered one, ke964e but the new belt seems to be a few inches shorter than my original. I can put the new belt on but the fan hits the bottom of the fan shroud. Just wondering if there is a correct belt out there or if I have to modify my shroud to make it work. Thanks

Heath72
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu fan belt part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where did you get your belt? You should be able to take it to an auto parts store, and get one the same width but a few inches longer. I hope Agco is not selling a short belt short, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are.

1948 mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu fan belt part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ordered it through a&i but I went to agco's sight to get the part number. I am wondering if the belt I ordered is for a newer u or ub. Not sure I guess

Nylon
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Utu fan belt part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 47 u the belt is a Napa
#25-30467. I know that belt is
different than what my ub takes.

1948 mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Utu fan belt part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went to napa online and searched for that number 25-30467 and the belts that came up all look like the generator belt. The belt I am looking for runs from the crank to the fan and is a very wide belt.

Nylon
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Utu fan belt part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is the belt on my fan,it is about 7/8"
wide.

neverfear
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu fan belt part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is the one I have on my 47 UTS. Works fine.

Charlie Bilerx
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu fan belt part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1948mm,
The UTU "should" take a #KE964E belt. If you go to an AGCO dealer, you probably will get a 1.0625"x47and 3/32" long belt. For some reason there was a blueprint showing this wrong size, floating in the MM archives. My copy of this wrong print has a big red stamp across it with a hand drawn correction. Apparently AGCO never got the message. Dayco and Cadna also sell this wrong belt.

The corrected belt size should be 15/16"x47.125"x36 degrees, for the #KE964E belt. My UTU has this size belt and it fits perfectly. For some strange reason; the UB takes a 1"x 49.75"x 36 degree belt.

I am not going to start passing around belt numbers because the numbers change with the seasons. I just wish I could sell my belts for what AGCO and NAPA ask for theirs.

What is making my blood boil is that all the new belts are getting narrower with each order. My last order of Gates ZT belts went from 5/8" wide to 19/32" wide. I immediately called Gates and raised holy you know what. Unfortunately their engineering department must take off a shoe to count higher than ten. I am pretty much reduced to shopping around to find the closest belt that should fit. I had to go through six belt companys to find someone that made the proper belt for the 445 tractors.

Good luck. Now go belt something.
Charlie at
Moline Parts

1948 mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Utu fan belt part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Went to napa and picked up a 25-28454 belt which they surprisingly had on hand and it sure looks like its a match thanks for the info

neverfear
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu fan belt part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You're welcome!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.