Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Trying to Find Rims

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny P.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Trying to Find Rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anybody know what vehicle or impliment wheel might fit the trailer I have? It has F&H hubs with the number 106749 cast in them that are 6 lug with a 4 1/2" center and from center to center of lugs are 3". I thought I had found some but they are 2 1/2" not 3. It's a real heavy duty trailer but the rims are shot. So I need 4 plus a spare or two.Any help would be appreciated I'm going to make it my tractor hauler. Thanks.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to Find Rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is is a flat bed trailer of some sort good chance it has the Chev, Toyota, etc type rim.

harely
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to Find Rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

try a mid 0s chevy 4x4 that is the six lug that I use

craigco
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to Find Rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you get the nontrailer rims you will most likely have to cut the center hole bigger to go over the hub of the trailer axle. but keep it tight enough that the hub carries the weight not the wheel studs. Just did this last week for a farm trailer I am building.

ypop
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to Find Rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

up until now I thought all 6 bolt were the same had a 1932 Chevy 6 bolt wheel that would fit my 1977 4X4 Jimmy also would fit the 6 bolt MAZDA B2000 as well no Idea where you got a smaller 6 bolt rim from. the web site with short cut will give you a listing of 6 bolt usage on cars and trucks.
Ypop
poke here

Danny P.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to Find Rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Yea I thought all 6 lug was the same also but there apparently not. Thats why I was so happy when I found those on the curb with good tires and a free sign on them but they wouldn't fit. The trailer is a flatbed and looks professionaly built.I measured the bolt pattern yesterday across and it was 6" center to center. All I see on the web is 5.5. Oh well I've been looking for years I guess the hunt continues!

CJinMI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to Find Rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

5.5" Chevy, ect; 6" implement/tractor

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters